I purchased a pedal bike for hunting!!

Seebass

I’ve been researching fat tire bikes as a stealthy way to get around my ranches and public areas. I really like some of the electric models out there but unfortunately, They are not allowed on certain public tracks I like to hunt here in California. “Non motorized only” is the law.

After looking at various models, I decided to order a Giant Yukon 2!! It will be ready to pick up at my local bike shop on 7/7.

This is not my video but it shows the 2019 model of the Yukon 2.

When I was younger, I used my mountain bike behind closed gates on timber company lands before they closed them. Lots of closed gates on public land that no one uses as it's too much work to walk in, your bike will get you to virgin ears. Now I use the MC but keep the bike handi incase I find a place down here I can't get into with the MC. I do need to get more peddle time as these old legs lose it fast if I don't ride often.

I never used a fat tire.
I can't help but think all the rubber is incredibly hard to push through the loose gravel and dirt. What about the cactus?

Originally Posted By: 204 ARLooks capable, but I'd need a softer seat lol.

I'll second that! Don't know why they bothered, not much improvement over the pipe alone.
wink.gif
lol.gif

Definately add slime to your tires. Great stuff!

Regards,
hm

nice bike tubless is the way to go and they have better stuff than slime. and it makes no sense not to let e-bikes run where other bikes can. they are nice to hunt off.

If they let your motor driven bicycles in then they should let my little motorcycle in, you have to have a cut off point and NON-MOTORIZED means nothing with a mechanical motor. I have a peddle bike for NON-MOTORIZED areas and a motorcycle for trails you cant get a vehicle on. I'm 73 and think that. Get out and ride and get in shape if you want to hunt NON-MOTORIZED areas..

Gqv5KF.jpg

It amazes me how many people want to dumb down a sport because it is too hard, crossbows in archery season(compounds are bad enough, at least they are still a hand held bow), in line smokeless muzzleloaders with scopes during muzzleloader season( originally a primitive weapons season).

Last edited:
Back