6mm mongoose...very impressed

Acronin

I've had my mad dog weapon system 6mm Mongoose for 5 months now and everything I take it out im more happy with it.

I took a 300lb boar with it in February. It shoots 80gr GMX 2820fps.

I've shot prairie dogs with 87gr Vmaxs going 2750 out to 300yds.

Today I found a load with 55hr SBKs and my average velocity out of my 18" barrel was 3461fps. SD was 2 and ES was 7.

This is going to be an great coyote rig. It shoots well below MOA with all of it.

Anybody else sporting the Mongoose?

Looks like a 6mmTCU/6x45AI with a short neck so you can seat long heavies to AR length without the ogive below the case mouth. No advantage in a short action bolt gun, might work for a mini action bolt like a CZ-527, Sako 461, mini Mauser or any bolt that uses AR mags.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AWSLooks like a 6mmTCU/6x45AI with a short neck so you can seat long heavies to AR length without the ogive below the case mouth. No advantage in a short action bolt gun, might work for a mini action bolt like a CZ-527, Sako 461, mini Mauser or any bolt that uses AR mags.

Yep. Thats what it was designed for. 1:8 and it'll shoot 103gr ELDxs from a 20" barrel at 2650fps. I have a side by side by side pic of the 6x45, 6TCU and 6mm Mongoose I made but posting pics on here is a mystery. Look up mad dog weapon systems and learn all about it.

Back