Hogster video cable mod

Vance

I finally got around to this cable project again. I cut my Hogster video/power cable down to just a straight video cable, since I’m not using the power side of it. This cleaned things up quite a bit and looks much better imo.

I also found these little usb-c angle adapters that help keep the cable from sticking out the side so much. If you search usb-c angle adapter on amazon you can find these.

F148B0B8-1384-4028-85B3-590569388950 by Cornivorus, on Flickr

AF282DAB-C297-4EDA-9BDA-AE934FECDF46 by Cornivorus, on Flickr

Nice work. I use the same USB C angle adapters. I don't like to put stress on the port constantly, plus plugging and unplugging.

Vance, that's a good job.

Do I understand right that this setup is only for video? Are you just using batteries to power the scope and not another power source?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Vance, that's a good job.

Do I understand right that this setup is only for video? Are you just using batteries to power the scope and not another power source?

Yes that is correct video only. I’m just running rechargeable 123’s for the scope. I bought the pack of 8 batteries and a charger that I think Kisch had recommended on a thread some where.

We don’t get below zero here very much, and I can get around 3 hours per set, so I can get thru the night just fine.

Last edited:
Back