Best scanner for the $?

Jim Byers

I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times, but with technology changing constantly... What's out there right now?

I hunt the west, with wide open spaces..

Thanks. Jim

I may sound like a broken record, but for the money the Bering Optics Hogster is hard to beat. For wide open plains, the Hogster 35 is a great choice and it could make a great backup weapon's sight as well. For tighter terrain needs, the Hogster 25 would be a great choice.

Here is a chart I made up some time ago. If you need streaming, then the Pulsar Helions would be a great choice as well. We currently do not have the Bering Optics Phenom for sale on Night Goggles, but hope to add it in the near future. This is a solid option as well. There are some members on Predator Masters running the Flir Scions. Since Flir left the civilian market, I don't have plans to test their products going forward, so I cannot comment personally. Hopefully, this chart helps.

I have not listed the Trijicons on this list, so if you have a much larger budget, let me know and I can add them.

Big_Comp.jpg

Back