ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

Purchased two suppressors 11/18/19 from silencer shop. Received a call today that they are ready to be picked up!

I still have two that I purchased from a friend who is a class 3 dealer. I finally mailed the paperwork in mid June. Hopefully the stamps are processed faster than the 8 months these two took. I have a trust which I heard can affect the time to process the stamp.

Last edited:
YHM Turbo 2
Purchased 1/22/20
SilencerShop kiosk
Form 4 Individual mailed in by SS 2/24/20
Check cashed by BATF 3/4/20
Called to pick it up/approved today 9/9/20
231 days from start to finish
189 days from check cashed

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: YellowhammerHow do you know the approved data?

The date the reviewer signs the F4. When I call, they have always indicated to me that as the "approved" date.

For those of you that used Silencer Shop 1 shot and kiosk, how long did it take for your order to move from signed to sent to ATF? Mine has been at signatures complete stage for well over 2 weeks. Did the chat thing and they said they have a backlog because of the election and COVID. Can’t wait for this [beeep] to be over!!! Can 2025 get here sooner!!

Quote: Can 2025 get here sooner!!

I hear ya, but don't wish your live away. The older I get the faster the time
seems to go by, so I don't want to speed it up any faster.

Note from Silencer Shop that paperwork had been approved on Feb. 9th.

Note from Silencer shop that check had been cashed March 3rd.

Ordered 2 Nomad-30s with Silencer Shop Kiosk 9/14/20
Tax Stamp Cased 10/19/20
Tax Stamp at Dealer 3/29/21 & yes, I took off work and picked them up today! Already shot one a few times. No longer a virgin....

congratz on popping your cherry!

playing quietly is fun isnt it?
smile.gif

It may be some of the best fun a fellow can have with his clothes on!!!!
My only regret is that I waited this long in life to take the plunge.

My form 4 stamps have arrived with my dealer!! Both stamps charged to Credit Card around the end of August. I believe I mailed the paperwork around the end of July or beginning of August. I did set them up with my trust and on average a trust form 4 does take longer than and individual form 4.

Purchase Banish 30 (Silencer Central) - F4 Trust
Purchase: 02/09/21
Mailed: 02/15/51
Cashed: 02/26/21

I am 7 months in.

TC

from the ASA in an email the other day... some perspective why wait times are what they currently are

Quote:ATF Releases New Suppressor Data
Yesterday, ATF released the 2021 Firearms Commerce in the United States report. This annual statistical update provides a host of information about every firearm manufactured, imported, exported, and sold in the US during the previous year.

According to the report, as of May 2021, there were 2,664,774 silencers registered in the NFRTR. This represents an increase of 622,055 silencers registered since April 2020 - a 30% year-over-year increase.

Imagine what that number would be if the transfer process wasn't so inefficient...

and this data is now 5 months old.. how many more have been approved since then!
smile.gif

Back