Just Another Night In Detroit

any typical summer weekend down in the D... big kids playing with their toys

half them nice cars down there arent even residents of the 313... those are folks from the suburbs going down there to show off to the locals and get away with [beeep] that'll get your ride impounded in west bloomfield and troy.

"As of 2018, Detroit had the third highest murder rate among major cities in the United States after St. Louis and Baltimore and the 42nd highest murder rate in the world."[1][2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Detroit

I'm sure the criminals are coming in from the suburbs Plant.One.
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: Invester's Business Daily

EDITORIALS

How Decades Of Democratic Rule Ruined Some Of Our Finest Cities

02:53 PM ET 03/09/2016

Urban Blight: A few days ago, filmmaker Michael Moore tweeted, “Flint has voted for Dems for 84 straight yrs” and wanted to know, “What did it get us?” He’s actually on to something.

Don’t drink the water in Flint, Mich. Federal and state officials botched a water supply switch there and ended up contaminating the city’s drinking water with lead. It’s a sad and infuriating story that has gone on far too long. It’s not quite a humanitarian crisis -- blessedly, we don’t see many of those in this country -- but it is a mess.

Of course blame has been liberally tossed around. Republican Gov. Rick Snyder has been sued. Moore wants him arrested. (Obviously there's a limit to Moore's ability to think clearly, and he reached it with his Flint tweet.) Some are convinced that the private sector is the villain, because, after all, isn’t it always? The loopy left even says that the Koch brothers are at fault.

But let’s backtrack to Moore’s tweet. Flint is indeed a Democratic Party bastion. Don’t its decades of Democratic dominance deserve some of the blame? It’s the city’s "Democratic rulers," Reason magazine’s Robby Soave reminds us, who have "robbed city residents blind to pad the pockets of public sector unions." They’ve also been in charge as Flint has become one the country’s poorest cities (the second poorest, says the Census Bureau, for a city of its size), and a haven for criminals -- it’s the most dangerous city in America, according to Business Insider.

Flint is not alone, though. America is awash with troubled, dysfunctional cities that have been electing Democratic mayors for decades.

Detroit last elected a Republican mayor in 1957. It is now the model of urban failure -- it’s recognized more for its poverty, crime, rot and bankruptcy than the great cars that it turned out into the early 1970s. It is the poorest big city in the nation, with almost 40% of the population living below the poverty line. The website Law Street actually ranks Detroit ahead of Flint as the country's most dangerous city. Either way, it’s clear that both cities have institutionalized crime problems.

Detroit is also a pit of political corruption. Just in recent years, one mayor, Kwame Kilpatrick, was convicted of corruption and sent to federal prison for 28 years, while building inspectors have been indicted on federal felony bribery charges and a former city council member was investigated in a bribery and kickback scandal.

Chicago’s last GOP mayor was elected in 1927. The nation’s third-largest city is home to some of the worst inner-city violence imaginable. More than 2,300 people were shot there last year, and nearly 400 lost their lives to homicides.
Its finances are just as grim. "Chicago is so broke," IBD contributor Stephen Moore explained months ago, "that its bonds are junk status, and Mayor Rahm Emanuel had to go hat in hand last week to the state capital, Springfield, for bailout money to pay the bills." Things have been rotten enough, Moore said, to send "a record number of people ... fleeing Cook County, home to Chicago." Only a little more than half of the city's pension liabilities are funded.

St. Louis has been electing Democratic mayors since 1949. The Gateway to the West has become the gateway for crime. Law Street says that it’s the fourth most dangerous city in the country, Forbes says it’s the second. It had the sixth-highest poverty rate among big cities in 2014.

The last GOP mayor of Philadelphia left office in 1952. A few years ago, Moore identified it as a favorite to follow Detroit into bankruptcy.

Both Baltimore and Oakland had Republican mayors as late as the 1960s. In the era of Democratic rule, both are now more well known for their crime and poverty problems than for their charm and character.
Newark, N.J., hasn't had a GOP mayor in more than a century. It was ranked as the fifth-worst city to live in in 2015. Detroit, of course, was first.

When Democrats are in control, cities tend to go soft on crime, reward cronies with public funds, establish hostile business environments, heavily tax the most productive citizens and set up fat pensions for their union friends. Simply put, theirs is a Blue State blueprint for disaster.

Investor's Business Daily

[img:left]http://

Originally Posted By: HeymartayJust don’t see how these liberals with their masters and doctorates think you can get nirvana out of anarchy.

Maybe: Educated beyond their intelligence.#1
Complete lack of common sense.#2

Originally Posted By: ADK

rolleyes.gif

i was referring as you can clearly see above to the people fooling in their cars in the intersections and the nice cars lined up waiting for the races to start.

Originally Posted By: Plant.One

half them nice cars down there arent even residents of the 313... those are folks from the suburbs going down there to show off to the locals and get away with [beeep] that'll get your ride impounded in west bloomfield and troy.

and yes i'm aware of it from first hand expierence - we used to go down on telegraph in detroit to watch the races on friday and saturday nights. same for heading down to 75 and clay on the service drive there by the factory where they raced amongst other places. Lived down there for a while off telegraph south of 96 after i moved back down here from 10+ years up north, also just a few blocks from 8mile/telegraph on the detroit side for about 3 years. grew up south of michigan ave on central by the trucking companies there off john kronk..

yes some of those car owners live in the D... but a lot of them arent and are driven in from out here in the suburbs just to go show off. the street races happens every non rainy friday and saturday in the summer. you just gotta cruise around the known areas looking for groups of them parked up and if you see a half dozen of them leave at once... follow them to the chosen race spot.

Nothing new, I remember reading an article in the late 60's about "Detroit vs NYC, street racing capital of the world". Also saw it in Philadelphia in the early 70's where the cops opened up fire hydrants to flood the street where they were running, then the guys just moved to another location near vet stadium.

ya... if the spot gets called on by someone, or the police happen to roll by... they just drive away and regroup somewhere else. here on the west side there's all kinds of spots if telegraph gets to hot. head over to outer drive, over on fenkle, or heinz drive, etc.... to be continued and all that lol

and thats why i dont think i've heard of them doing stuff like the hydrant trick ... would be a waste of their time.

Originally Posted By: Plant.OneOriginally Posted By: ADK

rolleyes.gif

i was referring as you can clearly see above to the people fooling in their cars in the intersections and the nice cars lined up waiting for the races to start.

Originally Posted By: Plant.One

and yes i'm aware of it from first hand expierence - we used to go down on telegraph in detroit to watch the races on friday and saturday nights. same for heading down to 75 and clay on the service drive there by the factory where they raced amongst other places. Lived down there for a while off telegraph south of 96 after i moved back down here from 10+ years up north, also just a few blocks from 8mile/telegraph on the detroit side for about 3 years. grew up south of michigan ave on central by the trucking companies there off john kronk..

yes some of those car owners live in the D... but a lot of them arent and are driven in from out here in the suburbs just to go show off. the street races happens every non rainy friday and saturday in the summer. you just gotta cruise around the known areas looking for groups of them parked up and if you see a half dozen of them leave at once... follow them to the chosen race spot.

I'm aware of what you're talking about Plant.one but I've been looking at a bunch of photos and a few videos and find it hard to believe that most of those folks are driving in from the suburbs. What I am referring to is the lawlessness of city street racing. It is not sanctioned racing and it is not legal in virtually all cities where it occurs. Street racing results in devastating consequences, including lives lost and serious criminal charges, especially for young, mostly teenage drivers. This kind of street racing is simply lawlessness, plain and simple.

Back