6mm or 6.5 creedmoor?

Regarding original question between Creeds... I ve got both... I d recommend the 6 CM. Think for deer down it offers better velocity and less recoil. If you plan to tackle larger game with the 6.5 I d go PRC, 6.5-284, etc and use a long action. Give you 2800-2900 fps easily and not try to make the 6.5 CM a hot rod that way.

My thoughts anyway.

Just chambered a 22" LV 12 twist in 6 creed with zero freebore. Runs 70 Nbt's @ 3550 without pushing hard at all. Used a 783 varmint for the action/stock. Still finishing it up but so far it's shooting really good.

Originally Posted By: Tgunz64Looking to fill a gap between my 22-250 and 30-06. I’m going between these two calibers. Used for yotes and deer. Any thoughts on either one? I have a 26 Nosler so that might rule out a 6.5 creed but does have a lot more juice behind the bullet. Both rounds have very good ballistics not too far apart from each other. If I go 6mm considering an X Bolt [beeep]’s canyon or a cheaper Ruger predator. If I go 6.5 pretty sure I’m going with the Bergara B14 Ridge Wilderness. Thanks!

I have four 6.5CMs and two 6mmCMs.

The 6mm is easier to develop loads for in my opinion. With my handloads I stay under two inches (1.75") at 515yds. None of my 6.5CMs shoot below 5" at 515yds with hand loads or factory. (Ruger RPR, Tikka T3x-SL, MSR, or Savage 111.

The 6mms are an RPR and a Savage 110 Tactical.

You can load from 55 grains to 115 grains. My 107gr loads are at 3017fps. That's the lower node, there is a higher one but I've not gone there.

Good luck!

Well I bought a Bergara Ridge Rifle SP in 6.5 creed. Since there wasn’t anything I wanted in 6mm that wasn’t $1000 or a Ruger American. I’m going to wait for more models to come out in 6mm. Just don’t want a 26” barrel that most of them have. I’m not a long range shooter so I’d prefer 22” or less. So that’s my choice for now. Thanks for all of the inputs. But yes I still want a 6mm and will get one but later on.

Back