22 mag?

Well we have regular gun fights almost daily. Sometimes they just use knives. We have a Dr. on the grounds 24/7 and an ambulance to. I sure don't want to be under-gunned. Jeez!

For those who take everything ver-batem (sp), in the summer, when it hot outside, I wear shorts. I also wear shorts when I mow at the club. I want a light weight pistol that I can carry in my pocket when I am wearing shorts. My Sig is heavy and uncomfortable when its hot. There's nothing wrong with my club. Probably nicer than most. Sorry I confused some of you thinking its a tough place to mow.

My little ruger 380 will never be sold, it is just too handy. I put a stronger spring in mine and shoot the 100g bullets that are loaded by Buffalo Bore. I do not feel under gunned with this load. My load is with a 90g speer gold dot with a max load of power pistol.

I did shoot one of the new Ruger 9mm compacts, the trigger is just fabulous to say the least. I tried to beat my brother out of it, he was not going to get rid of it.

I tore up my first generation Ruger 9mm compact shooting 124g Gold dots at 1200 fps, but it took a lot of shooting to tear it up.

Ruger has spectacular customer service. They sent a pick box to me postage pre paid, and returned the pistol in two weeks, did not cost me a penny. Mine is the model that has a safety, the new model has a safety in the trigger like a Glock.

I started loading some 130g Lead HP from GT Bullets, and they expand to 69 Caliber...legal in all respects in my state for self defense.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogFor those who take everything ver-batem (sp), in the summer, when it hot outside, I wear shorts. I also wear shorts when I mow at the club. I want a light weight pistol that I can carry in my pocket when I am wearing shorts. My Sig is heavy and uncomfortable when its hot. There's nothing wrong with my club. Probably nicer than most. Sorry I confused some of you thinking its a tough place to mow.

laugh.gif
Probably no one was buying your shtick, but it had to be called out for what it was to see where you'd ride it. Who really belongs to a gun club anywhere where you need a defense weapon while you're there?

As usual, you came clean after a bit of prodding about the silly drama that you inject just about everywhere that you can make it happen. Its your typical modus operandi when you post here.....

Is your life so boring that you have to make the most of it up as you go rather than just ask a simple question?
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: pyscodogNo, you bore me.

Poor baby........

Going back to last New Year's Eve, I truly am sorry that I didn't get home soon enough from the party that my wife and I attended to meet your needs. It seemed to really put a permanent crease in your panties....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: willy1947

Why do you need a gun to mow the grass? Are the groundhogs mad at you?

Sasquatch

Tell her to stay home.

Don’t know your size but back when I had my 1st gen S&w Shield 9mm it fit in my front bottom khaki shorts pocket. You’d never know it was there if I didn’t pull it out. If my dang fingers weren’t so long and I didn’t pull low left ever time if I didn’t remember to back my finger out I’d still have it. The compact 2.0 model helped me out a bit.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogLooking for a light small pistol to carry when I'm mowing at the club. I been looking at the North American revolver @ 6oz. Very small and holds 5 rounds of 22 mag. I know there are better choices and I have a Sig compact for when I'm in pants with a belt. Its just to big and bulky when I'm on a mower. I also looked at the Bond Arms in 9mm but its pretty heavy as well. Lots more power but not loosing much in weight. Any of you carry either of these two pistols? Thoughts?

I have a Ruger LCR in 22WMR. Goes bang every time I pull the trigger. Any ammo I've tried will hit a man size target at 25yds. I've never shot for groups.

I carry it when walking the dogs in case a coyote shows up and is aggressive.

Some people scoff at carrying a 22WMR for protection but I read an article about best carry caliber and the 22WMR as at the top of the list. It can definitely ruin your day if you're a bad guy. The author interviewed inmates that were in for armed robbery/mugging. They said that any time a victim pulled a gun, the mugger didn't care what caliber it was, they ran off. Even if they had a gun, they didn't want to get shot, period.

Even if someone got shot with a 22 short, you're going to the hospital to get it removed (if it doesn't incapacitate you) so you have a lot of explaining to do as to why you got shot.

When shot into ballistic gel, the 22 mag was pretty impressive. Gold Dot ammo, which is hard to find, looked like a very good choice for the 22 mag.

Back