max load data differences

ny hunter

I'm reworking up a load for my 3006 sierra & nosler max loads are 56.0-56.5. In my hornaday manual the max load is 58.3
I'm using H414 with sierra 165gr. SBT and cci magnum primers.
My question is can i go up passed the lower max loads safely?
If any more info is need let me know
thanks

Only your rifle/chamber can answer that. There are different lots of powder, primers and variance in bullets.

Start low and work up looking for pressure signs. If you hit pressure, back off at least .5 grain.

Steve

The biggest difference in loads will be in the case different makes will be different thickness.
With a 300 winmag load I do it's as much as 3 to 4 grains going from winchester brass to federal.
Weigh your brass that will give you an idea of where to start when your looking for a max load.

Originally Posted By: BangFlopOnly your rifle/chamber can answer that. There are different lots of powder, primers and variance in bullets.

Start low and work up looking for pressure signs. If you hit pressure, back off at least .5 grain.

Steve

Good Advice!

I load for an "06" also, most modern manuals list 52gr. of IMR 4064 as the max, Lyman has it at 53gr. max., and my old 1961 Speer manual has it at 54gr. max. for the 150gr. bullet.
BangFlop gave you the correct advice, and that same advice has been given over and over again when it comes to reloading.

Reloading data only is applicable to the testers:

Barrel
Lot number of primers
Lot number of powder
Lotnumber and brand of bullets used

Barrels differ in:

Chamber dimensions
bore dia
Wear on the throat and barrel

caution

Back