NV helmet mount

igor

Tried to call some vendors and no ones returning my calls so Help a guy out. Almost wrecked my truck on a turn row the other night so decided its expedient to invest in a helmet mounted pvs 14. Only question remaining is the mount. Is a roughly $100 L4G24 gonna make me happy or what are you guys running? Thanks Igor

I use a Ti Rhino Mount with a J Arm (bayonet interface). I also use a retractable (reel) lanyard on the PVS which is attached (paracord) to the helmet, so if I accidentally press the release on the J Arm when raising or lowering the unit, it doesn’t hit the ground and damage the tube.

This has been a temporary solution for over 4 years as I was going to invest in a Wilcox dovetail system, but the aforementioned worked so well I haven’t bothered.

If you can get the l4g24 for $100, I would definitely do that.
Like txcoondog I use a rhino mount and it functions just fine.

The l4 g24 is typically a more sturdy mount and allows for stowing the equipment closer to your helmet making it easier to get in and out of vehicles, etc. If you are getting an l4g24 for $100 or less it is either an amazingly good used deal, or it is a Chinese Clone.

Yep, way off on the l4G24. Friend gave me a Nosotros he brought back from Iraq. Still looking for a helmet mounted IR unit. Did a search here and not enough info. Helmet and optic due in today so after I get my mitts on it maybe I will be able to ask the right questions.

I run a 30LR hog sniper light with a dimmer switch so I can control the brightness of the IR light. I only use it when walking. I use an adjustable torch ARC rail mounted on my helmet.

Most of the guys I know run IR light bars mounted on their ATV’s and/or trucks when driving.

PS: Not sure what helmet you bought. Anyway, some ARC rail accessories do not fit Team Wendy helmets. Also, you will need a counter weight on the back of the helmet to balance it (from being front heavy). I (mounted) use a camera pouch filled with batteries, etc.

Last edited:
The 940nm (no glow) IR lights they are running on thier trucks and/or ATV’s are Rigid Industries and Ultimate Night Vision

Ordered and received today an inexpensive ($15) 850nm unit by Wayllshine. I was Very pleased. An hour after testing I ordered another because first one is now attached semipermanent by pic rail and spare scope rings to my truck. The pvs 14 has exceeded my expectations for enhancing my hog hunting. Drove up to about 80 yards on a sounder, (windy night) first night out. 4 dead pigs. Second and third nights out similar results. Will be nice for this old guy not to have to walk so far now.

Back