"Coyote Country" the TV show

AWS

Retired PM Staff
I spend some evenings watching Prime TV and season 3 of the show was on.

I watched the whole season, if you've seen it any thoughts? I find the whole HEC's and spraying down with cover scent a little different.

I do like Gabe's rifle wish I could find one reasonably priced.

I don’t have my own show so can’t really say much about it!

What I can say, it is LAME as He!! Kills 1 Coyote every other episode.

Hahahhaaaaaaaa!

I have watched a full season of it. Each episode seemed really drawn out to fill up the allotted time.. the season finally just replayed all the kills during the season with repeated commentary.

I like that he is out there with his fam filming together.. but there simply needs to be more field shots and kills and less cheesy blathering to fill the time space. I got bored with the show after a couple episodes.

I noted he claimed dawn to be the worst time to hunt coyotes in one episode.. in my experience that is the best time.
Your tv time is best spent elsewhere imo.

The problem is he is hunting public land in Oregon. Some years it can be tough, more hunters than coyotes on public land.

This is the same problem in every state on public land.

As far and the show goes, definitely a thumbs down from me. To much talking and like someone else mentioned, maybe one coyote every other episode.

It drives me absolutely crazy when he walks out and inspects his stand for fifteen minutes, then comes back and talks about how the stand lays out. If he would just go and call it and quit over analyzing each stand he would double or triple his amount of stands each day and at least double his amount of dead coyotes.

I have always thought. If he can get a show, then just about anyone can! I don't waste my time on his show anymore. I'm surprised he still has any sponsors.
On another subject Les Johnson is back. Watched his show last night.

Last edited:
Watching it, he pick the same stands that almost every other coyote caller picks and runs the same sounds. A lot of his stands he uses a decoy but it is down in the sage where a coyote can't see it until he's on top of it. I'm also surprised by how many coyotes Mandy sees first. Then there have been some studies back in the 1970's where women could see game before men could but had a tougher time navigating in the field. My EX could spot game like an eagle but needed to leave a trail of bread crumbs to get back to the truck.

i watched one. i have never seen anyone waste so much time walking out and then coming back and saying i don't like it. sometimes those are the ones that work.plus he could make 10 more stands for the time wasted.

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobWhat channel or network is Les Johnson's show on?

We're gonna have Les on a podcast here soon! Great guy.

Originally Posted By: GLA.ORThe problem is he is hunting public land in Oregon. Some years it can be tough, more hunters than coyotes on public land.

That's it, in a nutshell.

TV hunting shows have to show kills, and when hunting on heavily hunted public land, the kill ratio suffers.

I watched one video, from a local Colorado call maker that made it look easy, with multiple coyotes racing in from different directions. And then, I saw one video with a Time Stamp on it, and it was from late August. These guys were calling 120 day old puppies.

Of course it was easy, lol.

I think most of us can agree, the show does not capture our attention.

Private or public - we all hunt both and he needs to kill at least one per episode one would think?

never seen the show BUT since the reviews seem to be a just serious dose of reality i hope they air the guy on every outdoor channel out there for a full season
tt2.gif
..... so all the guys that watch all the bang flop and think its a cake walk realize whats really up and stay home to leave me out there with my dog
thumbup.gif
..hahhahaahahahaha..YEAH BABY!
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
I shutter about thinking of watching this show. How can he get sponsors? Last night I saw one of Les Johnsons shows on Direct TV. I met him at Cabela's one time and he is pretty down to earth. I watched him and the guy from Nebraska, can't think of his name at seminars. Les can make some bonars but we all do. our problem now in Iowa is all of the truck hunters with AR's running all over the place and many without permission blasting away. They do what they call recon shooting into ditches and timbers trying to kick out coyotes.

There's a name for it? Dog hunters that I know just carried a .22 pistol to shoot into the draws. They get a bad reputation but I've never met/known one that would drive through a fence or tear something up. All that I know are farmers.

Back