Imr 4166 and 55 grain sierra blitzking?

It seems you have internet since you are on this forum?

Where is it you looked and could not find it?

Sierra has an App that shows data for that exact bullet. Hodgon also has an online data base that has data for a generic (Speer) 55 grain bullet.

Was exactly is it that you are looking for that is not in those 2, free places?

It is for a .223 remington and I have been on hogden's relaoding data's site. I put in caliber and powder and grain of bullet. It doesn't come up with any polymer tipped bulletts, I am concerned about using load data from a different style bullet.

Sierra's App says min is 21.3 and max is 24.5.

The test barrel velocity at 24.5 is 3110fps. They used WW brass and WSR primers with a 24 inch barrel.

That bullet is going to shoot good with about any type of reasonable powder.

Originally Posted By: PanyoteIt is for a .223 remington and I have been on hogden's relaoding data's site. I put in caliber and powder and grain of bullet. It doesn't come up with any polymer tipped bulletts, I am concerned about using load data from a different style bullet.

Since the bullet weight is the same then I would not worry about the shape of the point too much. Not even really. In the 47 years that I have been loading I never found that a concern.

Start a grain or two under max and work up. Almost all load data you find published these days is on the conservative side anyway.

I always load until i see pressure signs or unreasonable velocity with groups clearly deteriorating.

That can be way, way over max. Sometimes a bit under. I have seen on several occasions primers increasing velocity and pressure by 50-100fps. Sometimes there is no real noticeable change. Depends on the powder type.

Velocity measuring tools are your friend.

Back