Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3246273 - 06/08/20 08:56 AM Trapping and shooting Badgers and Fox in the old days
Rockchucker ll Offline

Loc: Iowa
I was at a gun show several years ago and there were old traps and some sort of firearm that they used to set on holes for Predators. Has anyone ever seen the latter or have pictures? I collect old photos of trapping and such.

#3246281 - 06/08/20 10:48 AM Re: Trapping and shooting Badgers and Fox in the old days [Re: Rockchucker ll]
Hellgate Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Orygun
You may be talking about a "set gun". I have known people that rigged them up to kill gophers in their farmyards using an old single barrel shotgun and some trigger activator like a cord from a mousetrap mounted to trip when the gopher appears and snaps the mousetrap to fire the gun. I remember hearing older relatives talk about old timers setting them up to stop repeated burgleries but since there are a million legal reasons to not do it (like firemen & cops getting killed by them)they've been outlawed for many years to install one in your home or business. I don't know about "agricultural use" to control vermin.

With over 15 percussion revolvers I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap & Ball

If you do not subscribe to a newspaper you are uninformed. If you do subscribe to a newspaper you are misinformed. Mark Twain

#3246369 - 06/09/20 04:47 PM Re: Trapping and shooting Badgers and Fox in the old days [Re: Rockchucker ll]
1happyshooter Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Arkansas
you are looking for "gettr guns"

#3247492 - 06/30/20 04:23 AM Re: Trapping and shooting Badgers and Fox in the old days [Re: Rockchucker ll]
Bear Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Colorado USA
You talking about the ones that shoot cyanide into the face of what ever trips it?

#3247497 - 06/30/20 09:42 AM Re: Trapping and shooting Badgers and Fox in the old days [Re: Rockchucker ll]
AWS Online

Loc: NM
The cyanide getters were the M-44.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/publications/wildlife_damage/fs-m44-device.pdf

I've heard stories of set guns used in cabins for bears breaking in and vaguely remember stories of small projectile devices at predator sets but will have to look that up some.

Here you go I just had to put a little effort into it. They were banned a few years before I was born so it is just memories I have and then have to confirm with an internet search.

https://www.guns.com/news/2012/07/23/set-guns-aylor-fur-getter-sure-shot

More, the "Getsem" gun

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=get...ImageBasicHover

Edited by AWS (06/30/20 05:09 PM)

Make mine a Minaska.

Heaven has rules and walls, He-l has open borders

Moderator:  AWS 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.