Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3243247 - 04/30/20 03:24 PM Dang all the varmint ammo seems bought up everywhere!
wahoowad Online
Die Hard Member

Loc: Central Virginia
Either all the groundhog and prairie dog shooters have bought up everything for the season or there's another ammo run going on and I haven't been paying attention. I can't find any of the preferred loads my guns are sighted in for mad

I've checked about 10 ammo sites I've bought from in the past and same stuff is sold out everywhere. I have my choice of groundhog guns to shoot and this season I was hoping to get my Model 10 in .223 and my Browning A-bolt Micro Hunter in 22 Hornet some fresh air this season. Last few years the .243 and 17 Fireball got all the field time.

Really hope I can track down some of the Hornady Superperformance 223 53 grain and some Hornady 22 Hornet 35 Grain V-Max Varmint Express but it's slim pickings out there.

#3243317 - 05/01/20 10:41 AM Re: Dang all the varmint ammo seems bought up everywhere! [Re: wahoowad]
muskrat30 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wisconsin

https://recobstargetshop.com/product-category/ammunition/rifle/hornady-rifle/

I do see pickings are slim through gunbot, ammo search site.

One of my favorite WI shops is linked above. They do have some 223 in stock, ship also as far as I know.

Didn’t go as far as checking the loads you’re looking for. Times like now one has to be flexible.

#3243555 - 05/04/20 12:29 PM Re: Dang all the varmint ammo seems bought up everywhere! [Re: wahoowad]
why Online
Die Hard Member

Loc: md eastern shore
Might want to check out "Ammo Seek".

#3246245 - 06/07/20 08:10 PM Re: Dang all the varmint ammo seems bought up everywhere! [Re: wahoowad]
Whisky Tahoe Offline

Loc: Portland & Tucson
Lots of 223 ammo was being bought up by newbie AR owners. I'm guessing they didn't realize they were buying varmint ammo. Ammoseek.com shows two sources of your Hornady Superformance 53 grain. Basspro was listed but I would caution against buying from them. They are taking orders then advising of shipping delays. My April 20 order for a case of 9mm has been delayed every week since. They are real polite and super sorry but it's getting old. One option might be to post a "Want To Buy" ad one of the firearm forums like Northwestfirearms.com. I'm not cleared to use classified here yet otherwise I would post some for you.

#3246403 - 06/09/20 11:40 PM Re: Dang all the varmint ammo seems bought up everywhere! [Re: wahoowad]
pyscodog Online
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
It was the Covid scare. No toilet paper so they bought guns and ammo.

Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution.

#3247435 - 06/29/20 03:08 AM Re: Dang all the varmint ammo seems bought up everywhere! [Re: wahoowad]
Kenlguy Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: central WA
Just another reason to start reloading your own. I'm never out of enough ammo.

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.