6.8 case variants

I just purchased used 6x6.8 and am looking for a set of dies. Where should I look first? I went to CH4D but it was not listed so I will have to call on Monday. I was reading on the black hole board and am getting information about this caliber. Any advice would be great. Thanks

I believe Hornady will build you a set for 125 ish. If you can't wait Im sure I or a few others here would size some for you to get you going.

Last edited:
You gave to phone order from CH4D. They are called the 6MM REMINGTON SPC. I was the one that provides the drawings for them. Last I checked a few months ago they have them in stock.

Greg

Thanks for the information Greg. Also on a side note. Where would I find some load data to get me started?
I have been loading 25-45 for a while and then moved over to 6-45. I really like the 6mm bullets for the variety. This is what got me to try the 6-6.8. Thanks in advance for the information.

What bullets are you wanting to shoot? H322 and 8208 are temp stable powders that work well in the 55 to 60 grain pills. AR Comp works well with 70s.

I want to shoot 55 gr to 90 if possible. I purchased a lot of bullets for the 6x45 so I want to be able to use them for both if possible. I am not sure how it will shoot. I picked it up used for black hole. This is the older model so I feel good about it. Don’t want any of the new ones. I have heard some horror stories so far.

I have had a few bhw 6x6.8s and still have a 22" 10 twist. Only thing it shoots well is a 55 varmageddon hp with 31.5 8208. I seat them to a very short oal. 31 to 31.5 grains of 8208 with 55s and 58s is a popular load and with 70's ballistic tips I shoot 29.7 ArComp. 30 is basically a full case and shoots as good but will take out primer pockets after a couple firings. I use Hornady brass. H322 is a fast powder for 55s and 58s. I can't remember how much I loaded but it was around 30 to 31 grains.

Last edited:
That is some good information. I don’t have that powder. I do have the others so I will have to get the IMR. That will give me a few ideas to start. I can’t wait to call of my dies to get the process going. I have been making a note book and logging data to start. I was thinking about backing the data off by 5 percent just to be safe. I don’t want to be popping primers on the get go.

I have had several.

6x6.8 22" from RPG . Shot 70s with ar comp 3300 fps . Great gun. Sold it because I'm dumb. 58s at 3600+ with h322

6dti. 22" Didn't own it long because I already had the 6x6.8. Didn't give it much effort. Sold it to a guy in Nebraska and last I heard he loved it.

I now have an 18" 25dti. 70 grain Sierra's at 3250 with h4198. This is a winner in my book for under 300 yards. Love it.

Last edited:
So I got a hold of CH4D and they cold not find the dies for the 6 x 6.8 the guy that I spoke with though they were going by the name 6mm spc now? Does that ring a bell for any of the members? I asked about the 6mm remington spc and they have no record of it. Let me know what you guys think before I order or Greg do you have a cut sheet on the caliber that you could email me so I would have some information on it? Thanks

The die is stamped 6MM-6.8 SPC

At one time they called them 6MM Remington SPC. They might well have changed to 6MM SPC. I have no clue why they didn't call them the 6X6.8 just like the reamer print was that I furnished them.

Greg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dozer_xjMy ch4d dies are labeled as 6x6.8 spc
Part number 740-397-7214

I would have to dig through a ton of receipts to get that number. It appears like they stamp whatever strikes their fancy at the time. Mine was in the first run. There have been at least three runs of them.

Thanks for the info.

Greg

I will call them back tomorrow and see if that number help. Thanks for the information. I will let you know if I have a set or die coming tomorrow or not.

I was able to get my dies for CH4D today. They are labeled as 6mm SPC now. The person I spoke with on the phone said they also had them in 6.5 x 6.8 and had someone call about doing a 22 x 6.8. Now that would be interesting! Thanks again for everyone’s help in this matter.
The guy know as the other Greg.

Back