Summer Time Coyote Calling Fun

capitol

This stand was about patience.

After an easy 1 mile hike in I could see two Coyotes out in a clearing before I turned on the caller. I was up on a small hill over looking a large area.

I howled at em, I played some rabbit distress, I went to a den raid and then some pup distress. Finally... I had one coming in.

The first shot sends this Coyote into the spin cycle and then it's game on. It's running through the brush and Im doing my best to stop it.

Looking at the video I know the first shot is a hit and I think the fifth shot finishes the deal.

I was hunting solo and once I came down from the hill it was tough trying to figure where this Coyote was down in the dark.

After watching this video I can see where it should be and will go back later to see if Im right.

Tough to say, it gets pretty thick where is his on the 5th shot. Def hit him on the first shot so he won't last long, but not sure you're going to find him.

Not a huge reason to find them now anyway unless your state has a bounty for coyotes, and by now it would be plenty ripe. Thanks for sharing your video.

Back