Special Man Cave Project

TXCOONDOG

Not sure where to put this. Anyway, I’ll retire in a couple years so I decided to convert a 12’x24’ storage building into a man cave.

I’ll close in a 10’x12’ area for reloading. It will be insulated, drywall and I’ll install a HVAC system with dehumidification.

Note: It is built (Hurricane roof joist ties and anchored down) to withstand 150 MPH winds.

The other area 12’ x 14’ will be for my saws, drill presses, lathe, etc. I’m going to build a deck with a roof so I can cast boolits on it.

Going to install a alarm system with IR cameras to protect my stuff.

I just ordered my building materials, 100 amp electrical panel, wiring, etc.

It will be slow going as I work in construction 10-12 hours a day, but I’m excited and will post with pics on my progress.

When you put in the wiring/100 amp panel run a 220v circuit in the event you want a welder or big air compressor.
I'm guessing you won't need heat.

I'm insulating and sheet rocking mine right now. The previous owner walled off the back of the rv garage and put in a second floor. I made the second floor into a sewing room for me and the wife with a nice lay out table in the center and we each have a side for our sewing machines. The previous owner left it an open loft so I walled it off. The lower level is my shop and reloading room. Next is to breech the wall between the rv garage and the house and extend the heat and ac into the sewing room with a vent down into the shop. I can still get the rv and 6x10 cargo trailer in the garage.

My wife has been very sick since June and have taken her to the emergency room 12 times in 33 days so posting updates hasn’t been a priority. Just this week she fell from being weak and fainting and broke her foot in four places.

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGMy wife has been very sick since June and have taken her to the emergency room 12 times in 33 days so posting updates hasn’t been a priority. Just this week she fell from being weak and fainting and broke her foot in four places.

Wow, when it rains.....!!! Hope ur wife is feeling better soon!

Originally Posted By: Mike BOriginally Posted By: TXCOONDOGMy wife has been very sick since June and have taken her to the emergency room 12 times in 33 days so posting updates hasn’t been a priority. Just this week she fell from being weak and fainting and broke her foot in four places.

Wow, when it rains.....!!! Hope ur wife is feeling better soon!

Yep. But we are learning to dance in the rain! Thanks

Back