BCA 6.5 upper

Shooter222

Custom Call Maker
Well I bought one of there 6.5 Grendel uppers for just under 300 to my door.
It’s a stainless heavy barrel 20”

I figured what the heck, I have seen good and bad reviews. They guarantee moe or better at 100yards.

I am 16 shots into breaking it in. The first 13 I cleaned every shot, I’m still getting copper on patches but I want to hunt tomorrow night with it. I sighted it in with my hogster and a foot warmer last week.

Today I decided to test cold barrel shots.
I have zero complaints so far.
This was at 98 yards, it’s all I can get from deck to birm at my house.

Remember this is a hogster thermal not glass. Not too shabby

url]

Try some 90 gr TNT's or Varmagddon's in your Grendel, they shoot great in mine. Very deadly on coyotes. Looks like you've got a real shooter.

Thanks nr123, I am using using 100 gr Nosler Spritzer bullets . Around here big box stores have a crap selection Of ammo, so I found a place online to buy reload ammo.
FTFTS.COM First to Fight Tactical Solutions
their shipping was 2 days to my door. Price didn’t seem out of line.

I have nothing to say bad. I don’t reload, so buying someone else’s reloads is the best I can do.

Last edited:
204 AR - Yes, so far it seems pretty decent.
I bought the upper in hopes of extending my range a bit.

I plan on buying a good glass scope and doing some target shooting around 300 this summer.
I haven’t done any long range shooting at all, so it’s gonna be a learning curve.

We had a nasty storm blow in about 9pm . It knocked out power all over .
So instead of sit here with no power I called my hunting partner and we decided to do a few sets.

Ended up doing 5 sets , seen 3 coyotes at two of the sets .
I connected on this 29.80 lb female and she was DRT . I didn’t have time to turn on dvr , she popped up 10 yards from call . Snuck in thru tall grass, came in with the wind, which I wasn’t expecting.

Nice way to get warmed up for tomorrow’s planned hunt. No better way to break in the new upper.

url]

Now to start and tend to the generator.. fun fun

Last edited:
Back