Benelli m2

To me it's one of the best on the market. Easy as pie to clean. Goes bang every time you pull the trigger. I've hunted with the M2 for the last 10 years or so until last season. I sold mine to a buddy and I went with a Montefeltro. I like the Montefeltro just a little better because it doesn't have a raised rib but that is just a personal preference.

I was having problems with my M2 in extreme cold weather. I called Benelli and they told me to switch to synthetic oil. I did and I never had another problem. So keep that in mind.

Originally Posted By: WilgabeastThoughts and opinions on this gun? Primarily going to be a waterfowl gun . I love my 870 set up for coyotes

If you shoot the M2 good on waterfowl, why would you use a Rem 870 for coyotes? Waterfowl shotguns are set up for shooting flying birds. Shooting at running coyotes is very similar to shooting flying birds.

Putting a second and third shot into a coyote quickly is just as important if not more important than killing a crippled bird quickly.

Absolutely agree. Use the Benelli for everything. Can not go wrong with any Benelli, specially if you come up on a clean used unit.

I just got through getting my 870 yo pattern apex tss #4 out to 65 yards and put a reflex on it and it’s zeroed perfect . That cost a lot of money to find a load and choke combo that I felt comfortable with at 50+

Originally Posted By: muskrat30
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...692#Post3244692

Hard to go wrong with an M2.

Opps... Wigabeast I owe you an apology. I misremembered the quoted recent post as yours, thus my snarky comment above. I thought you had already posed the question very recently and was asking the very same thing again. Sorry about that. Having some crow for dinner tonight.

My son and I have the SBE1 and daughter has older M1. Unless a guy had a real need for 3 1/2" shells I like the balance and feel of the 3" M1 better. Just seems livelier and cheeks really nice.

Looks like others are very positive on the M2 also.
Good luck

Look on armslist for your state. I had a montefeltro I picked up at a pawn shop used I think for $600-$650 I loved that gun. Shooting cheap bulk pack slugs I could get a pretty tight group at 50 yards with just the bead. Can’t remember how it patterned buckshot but got into a money bind and had to sell. Fast forward a year and found a brand new m2 synthetic field model never been shot for $1100. Got him down to $1050 and he threw in a skeet thrower and 2 boxes of shells. ( he told me he won it in a church raffle for $20) It shoots high so I bought a pair of truglo adjustable sights. Love it! Hasn’t jammed yet ( follow factory break in steps) and at 50 yards I usually get 4-5 pellets out of a Remington 3 inch #4 buckshot load out of the factory modified choke. Only problem is I picked up a cheap 870 special purpose ( field model) and it makes me hesitant to take the $1050 m2 out getting banged around . But the 870 does have more recoil.

Originally Posted By: coal farmerThe shim kit is just for adjusting the stock fit.

Nothing to do with point of aim.

That is incorrect...

Back