Baiting

Trying to keep things alive during the summer months, so I am posting a few photos for Mr. Poppadopalis (Kevin) about a couple of his hunting sheds. He has several. It's always interesting to see how others bait hunt, and maybe give some ideas to others.

50031871326_01db81510c_b.jpg

50031330903_2697f95cc0_b.jpg

50031330893_e3263010a0_b.jpg

50031871306_5c1f793e65_b.jpg

50031330933_cea0582e48_b.jpg

50031871341_4aba3a4498_b.jpg

50031330918_ac59dcaac2_b.jpg

Very cool sheds there Mr P! If I couldnt hunt from the comfort of a garage, I'd be building something similar. Thanks for posting those 6mm. Lots of good ideas there.

Here's another semi-related-hunting topic since the postings are down for the summer (except for DU who keeps knocking them in the dirt
thumbup1.gif
)

I recently purchased a wireless camera security system for my gun range on another piece of property up the road from where I live. Before I installed it, I walked out away from the house with one of the cameras and made it to 150 yards before the signal dropped off and it was a spot where the terrain dropped below line of sight. I was pretty impressed with that signal/distance/performance and the simplicity of the system. If I have friends going up to use my range I can talk to them through the speakers in the cameras, and its there if anybody shows up unannounced and whatnot. I've never had a problem there in the last 15 or so years but I feel better having day/night 24/7 surveillance from my phone app, especially since I've made some major upgrades and improvements up there recently.

I liked it so much I've ordered another system for my residence, and am going to start a 2nd bait pile about 120 yards out from my porch and slap a camera up there to notify me if mr. coyote shows up. That way I can sit in the comfort of my back porch where I'm at 90% of the time anyway and when a notification comes in its time to go to work...is that cheating? I dont know, but if helps keep 'em away I guess it is what it is...

Security System on Amazon

Originally Posted By: Burnsome..............am going to start a 2nd bait pile about 120 yards out from my porch and slap a camera up there to notify me if mr. coyote shows up. That way I can sit in the comfort of my back porch where I'm at 90% of the time anyway and when a notification comes in its time to go to work...is that cheating?
No, that’s not cheating. It is using your head to increase chances for success.

Nice looking camera, Burn. Since it requires wifi, it won’t work at my cabin on the farm (no electricity for computer or wifi), but it might work at the chicken coop that is about 75 yards from my house - to keep watch for bear that have been plaguing the area. I have already lost 8-9 chickens to one.

Do the cameras record video that can be transmitted to an iphone? Are you able to replay video? If so, how about posting some examples?

Thanks 6mm. Once the app is downloaded to your phone, you have access to see what each camera is seeing. When it detects movement, it automatically records which is stored in the menu and sends a notification to your phone that there is activity taking place. I've been deleting the videos daily (if there is anything recorded). A couple of buddies are at my range today, so here's a short clip.

Hey, that’s pretty good, Burn. I like it. Actually my wife and I were talking a couple weeks ago about a similar system to guard the chicken coop.

I assume it has an alarm for your phone to notify you, and has night vision as well?

From where you have the camera mounted, how far to your buddies? Just getting an idea of FOV.

Yup, notifies you when it detects movement daytime or nighttime. I believe it has an additional IR light on the camera you can turn on if you want to, but the NV mode works good at my place without needing it actually. I'd guess its 15 yards from the camera to the steps. Pretty wide field of view.

Just now got word from DoubleUp (Owen) that his wife fell today and fractured her hip. She will have surgery tomorrow. Please remember her in prayer.

Have had a couple of coyotes visiting my area the last few nights so I figured it was time to get after them. This young fella came in about 9:45. Was given the heads up by several coons that either took off or climbed trees. He circled around a couple of times before committing to the bait area. 40gr Nosler BT hit about right I think. He ran about 20 feet before expiring.

XYZLXcO.jpg

[video:youtube]https://studio.youtube.com/video/s008lr9zZGk/edit[/video]

Originally Posted By: weekenderGood job Burns, video link is not working for me.

Might have forgotten to make it public. Try this...

[video:youtube][/video]

Had a YOY male coyote hit the bait pile the past two nights. I was using the far pile where I didn't have any sensors but when I checked the cameras I had several videos of him.

Well it didn't take long. He came in about 9:20 tonight. Handsome little male and would have been a smart adult. He was already cagie. First one for the new season, and since I'm home bound for a while still helping my wife recover from a fractured hip, he was an unexpected surprise.

#1 by Double Up, on Flickr

Here is the video:

Back