204 ruger and tac powder

I have a LB. of TAC in my safe. Got it on sale, so I was going to use it my 204. Haven't done it yet. I'm using CF&E 223 for my 204 now. They don't look much different on paper though. I would be curious if you or anyone finds much difference between the two? Rudy

I loaded some TAC and CFE223 for 204, the CFE223 shot better. That was in a CZ and I have since went back to a rebarreled savage in 204. I tried some 10x with 40 grain vmax and 39 grain Sierra, over and above accuracy wise to anything else I have tried. Spoke to a buddy dry of mine and he ended up with basically the same load and used it last year, he saw no temp problems.

Last edited:
I going to load up a few more tonight. I going to the range tomorrow. I loaded up some with 39gr bking.Shot good . I look at cfe 223. 31.00 a pd. Tac 24.00 a pd.

Never tried TAC and cfe 223 was too temperature sensitive, went back to benchmark for both the 32gr and the 35gr bullets. Haven't tried any of the 39's yet but plan to in the near future, Shooting a browning currently but getting ready to have a remington rebarreled

I have only tried tac with 40gr Berger. It shot good. I dont know fps. But it's easy to work with in my rcbs powder dispenser. Going to load a few 35gr Berger and 39gr bking with tac. Going see how they group. I loaded a few with benchmark grouped ok. Only had one load loaded up.

I’ve used tac almost exclusively in 3 204’s since 2008. Meters perfect. Burns clean. Accurate loads. 32 vmax and 39 sierra are mostly what I shoot. My loads are in ramshot data online.

Back