It's official: Thermion XQ50 doesn't have the new sensor NETD <40 mK

Ernest49

This morning I received an email response from Pulsar. Dear American nocturnal hunter friends, unfortunately I have yet to give you bad news. This had been my request:
Message subject: Thermion XQ50.... NETD < 40 mK ? Original enquiry:
" Hello, yesterday I finally had confirmation from the dealer Pusar, that the Thermion XP50 and XP38 have, as standard, and have always had since their entry into the market, the ultra-sensitive sensor of the Ulis with NETD

Last edited:
Sometimes one has to wonder if the Pulsar reps are all on the same page.

There's a utube video out that compares the XP, XQ AND XM side by side and the XQ50 looks every bit as good as the XP50 and in that particular video, I would say the XQ50 is as sharp, if not a tad bit sharper, than the XP50. The difference comes in the FOV, as the XP50 starts out at a lower base optical magnification, so it has a wider FOV to start out but once bumped up to 4X, FOV is about the same with both scopes.

Look for yourself:

Last edited:
Great, I have the thermion xq38 arriving today as a replacement for the trail that I sent back. I was excited to see how this new sensor would improve the image. Oh well. Hopefully I don’t have any problems with the thermion and it holds zero.

Back