Benelli Montefeltro

Looking for opinions on this gun. Going to be using mostly for waterfowl hunting . I have it basically narrowed to either this gun or the franchi affinity 3. HELP

I like the M2 also, don’t know what the price difference is. The Montefeltro should be a fine option though too.

One year ago a buddy was looking for a SBE2, I did a quick Armslist search locally, found an exact match. The cost was a handful of $100’s below retail, barely beyond break-in.

I had a 12 gauge Montefeltro & loved it. Shot a lot of sporting clays, with it, never a problem. If I was a upland hunter, it would be one of my first choices. But here on the front range of Colorado, Geese are the bird to hunt. And in my opinion,the Montefeltro is too [beeep] pretty for a goose pit.

I now have a Benelli M2. Best firearm decision I’ve ever made. I had all the metal Ceracoted battleship grey. With the black stock, it looks good, is dependable, and their stock does a good job of reducing recoil with Waterfowl loads. I’m also ok with it being used in a nasty goose pit.

If I’m gonna get the Montefeltro I’d get it in mossy oak camo . I would love to get the Vinci or. Sbe3 but funds do not allow it rite now

I used a M2 for years but now I have a 12 Montefeltro and a 20 Montfeltro. I like the Monfeltro better only for a couple of reasons. It seems to fit me better and I love the Rib not being raised like it is on the M2. Either way you can't go wrong. Be sure to use synthetic oil in either one that you get. I had problems with my M2 in extreme cold weather. I called Benelli and they told me to switch to synthetic oil and I never had another problem.

With any choice there’s always room for individual preferences & desires. There is no one ‘right’ answer for everyone. Then you get to the ability of the ‘craftsman’ over the tools.

Go with the Benelli. Franchi QC has been inconsistent in the past. I have an original Super Black Eagle I have been abusing in duck stands since 2004 without a single hick up. The Montefeltro is lighter and easier handling than the SBEs. The other great choice would be the Beretta A400 series, But they do cost more. Can't go wrong with a Beretta or a Benelli.

Ultralight or Montefeltro seem right to me with a wood stock and used on upland; just me. If ducks and waterfowl on menu I d go M2 as others state in a synthetic stock.

All great guns, comes down to use. BTW, if you chase chukar or rough upland hunting that Synthetic M2 looks a lot nicer than a wood stocked gun after some tumbles! Ask me how I know. lol

The M2 is great. I haven’t bought any ‘heavier than lead’ shells lately. My technique when shooting more waterfowl was to meter the shells somewhat, the best of the ‘hevi-shot’ type for general use, cheaper steel mixed in when it was enough, all, 3”.

I've had a montefelto super 90 for well over 20 years. It gets rode hard and put away wet more often than not. Works flawlessly every trip. Gets used for dove,quail,pheasants,ducks,geese and totes. Can't go wrong with one.

I'm not much for shotgun hunting anymore, but like Flathead I've had a montefeltro for 15 or 20 years, in fact I bought both a 12 and a 20 used, for in the $650 neighborhood. The 12 is old enough it has H&K super 90 on it. I figure they are all the shotguns I'll ever need.

Back