New UNV DVR and hogster hunt

Shooter222

Custom Call Maker
*Sorry for the phone video of the Video but no internet available here in “rural Michigan”.

Last night we had another fun night and made a Animal Hope Rescue Ranch owner very happy.
We had full moon All night, but decided to try some sets anyways. Glad we did.

1st set of the evening at sunset we snuck in quietly and set up tripods in the best shadows we could find.
As my hunting partner was walking out into field to set call out, a coyote started warning barking . It kinda sounded
like, “ I see you, we ain’t coming out!” Over and over . We played a bit of pup distress and left quietly.

2nd set we seen a family of coons. 10 to be exact , But no coyotes .

3rd set we tried some new land that we have never tried before.
The wind was in our face after a 30 min drive. Not ideal for what’s been working for us.
But decided to call it anyways. The grass was a bit tall .
Started out set with a mouse squeaks for 4 mins . After a short pause went with baby squirrel and out came two coyotes. I turned on dvr for first ever vid and as partner and I were trying to wait for the double , which never happened. We decided to pass and come back another time with better wind.
Here is the vid - deer Also in back ground .

4th and 5th set we seen a few deer out grazing but no prey or predators.

6th set we pulled into a Animal Rescue Ranch that has been loosing chickens and ducks for months and we have hunted it many times. We set up and turned on stinky rat for about 3 mins and then switched to a rabbit distress and watched a coyote come in . I let it come in as far as I thought I could get away with. It was about 80 yards. One shot and it was DRT.
Here is the short vid

The owner was very happy, the coyote turned out to be a 36 lb male .

7th set we set up and tried to hunt a grass field that was a bit tall. Due to the lay out of field and the given shadows we had to separate a little to see the field better. Started out with mouse squeaks . Then played a high pitched rabbit . After seeing nothing at all my partner switch to fawn distress. Within 1 min we had a doe come crashing thru brush and stop 8 feet from me . There was a bush between the doe and I. I couldn’t see it, but it was stomping and blowing at me. The call was shut off and she kept blowing and snorting at me. I Hollered at her and she took off, but not before she ran circles around us twice . It was pretty comical ! We laughed all the way home.

Good memories hunting and making good stories . What more could a guy ask for ?

DoubleUp - could you explain how to turn the captions off?

6mm06 - I’ve been working on shot placement after talking with all the good people here. It’s a lot more fun to have DRT shots rather then tracking.

And thanks everyone, sorry about the video of a video. It’s not the greatest. But it works, I enjoy everyone else’s videos so I like to contribute.

Turn the recorder on. On the bottom side mash the button with the M on it. That will bring up 3 icons. Click on the one that says Recorder Settings by mashing the pause/play button. Using the UP/DOWN arrows go to Time Stamp and push the pause/play button. Use the UP/DOWN button to move to off, and then press the pause/play button again. That should do it.

Ok- thank you DoubleUp.
I didn’t realize time stamp was all the red writing.

I like it so far. I shortened up the cord a lot when I cut them and put the new end on the hogster cord.
I used Vance’s method from a previous post. Worked well.

Thanks again all

Good job. I didn't turn mine off the first few videos either and finally found it. Keep up the good work.

Kirsch...

Man I was really looking forward to getting back into the recording game after I ditched my XP50 and got the Trijicon. However I had an unexoected wait ahead of me, after a couple months delay in supply, I finally received my mini DVR system from TNVC.

It was quite easy to set up, displays Night Goggles logo. Small and compact. fits nicely on the rifle.

But... not so fast... it freezes up when recording. I made multiple videos but the video recording freezes form anywhere at 9 seconds in to up to 25 seconds. Disappointed to say the least.

The audio keeps recording just not the video, it freezes the screen shot. It's been sent back to TNVC for a look.

Any idea why it would do that?

Bow, I don't know anything about the TNVC recorder, but the one I use can record in PAL or NTSC plus you can change how many fps the recorder runs. The highest setting works the best. I couldn't tell much difference in the PAL or NTSC but it is possible your Trig would record better with one than the other if your unit has that function on it. I'm using the Lumenier DX600, but it is the same DVR as the one UNV sells for twice the price.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpBow, I don't know anything about the TNVC recorder, but the one I use can record in PAL or NTSC plus you can change how many fps the recorder runs. The highest setting works the best. I couldn't tell much difference in the PAL or NTSC but it is possible your Trig would record better with one than the other if your unit has that function on it. I'm using the Lumenier DX600, but it is the same DVR as the one UNV sells for twice the price.

Mine does not have a choice as far as I could see.

Depending on what the outcome is I might pick up one like you have.

Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptKirsch...

Man I was really looking forward to getting back into the recording game after I ditched my XP50 and got the Trijicon. However I had an unexoected wait ahead of me, after a couple months delay in supply, I finally received my mini DVR system from TNVC.

It was quite easy to set up, displays Night Goggles logo. Small and compact. fits nicely on the rifle.

But... not so fast... it freezes up when recording. I made multiple videos but the video recording freezes form anywhere at 9 seconds in to up to 25 seconds. Disappointed to say the least.

The audio keeps recording just not the video, it freezes the screen shot. It's been sent back to TNVC for a look.

Any idea why it would do that? Sorry, I didn't see this post where you asked me a question. Unfortunately, I haven't used the TNVC DVR as there were battery issues when I was testing DVRs on the Hogster. If you sent it back, hopefully TNVC can get it figured out or send you another one. Without having used one, I can't offer any advice, sorry.

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptKirsch...

Any idea why it would do that? Sorry, I didn't see this post where you asked me a question. Unfortunately, I haven't used the TNVC DVR as there were battery issues when I was testing DVRs on the Hogster. If you sent it back, hopefully TNVC can get it figured out or send you another one. Without have used one, I can't offer any advice, sorry.

No problem. I got a shipping notice Monday that my DVR Memory Card and battery were being returned.

The memory card had five files clearly showing the problem.

The guy said he needed more time to hook the DVR unit up to a Reaper or M300, what ever that is.

Back