Wraith Extended scope mount for bolt action

spook1

I am picking up a wraith hd and want to put it on a bolt action. I have the one piece picatinny rail on my gun. Is the extended mount needed to mount this on a bolt action. Didn’t know if anyone mounted one on a bolt action without the extended mount. I didn’t know if the eye relief was the issue and the cause of needing the extended mount. Any help is appreciated

It is hard to say because it really depends how far back your one piece picatinny rail extends. You can always start without it and add it later if you can't get it mounted far enough back.

For some bolt rifles, the other issue is going to be mount height. They can get quite high on bolt rifles and mess up your cheek weld positioning.

I purchased a 13" extended picatinny rail on Amazon, by Lion Gears, for $38. It's a little longer than I needed, but it works for good eye relief.
thumbup1.gif

Lion Gears Extended Rail

Bowhunter57

On my 700 with egw rail the Wraith does not come back enough, HS precision stock with standard length of pull. Ron Brimmer outdoors has an extension for the Wraith on ebay, that sets the Wraith back up to 3 1/2".

Back