The Policeman

I use to quit whatever I was doing at 12:05 p.m. every week day to listen to Paul Harvey and 3:45 p.m. for The Rest of the Story. Too bad those to young to have the privilege of his influence don't know what a newsman with the utmost integrity is like. Same for Walter Cronkite.
I doubt that there was ever a human more quoted than Paul Harvey. His words came up in conversations nearly daily.

Thanks for dredging up some old memories hm!

My pleasure. We ate lunch every day w/Paul Harvey on the radio @ 12:05. He gave the commencement speech at our high school in 1952....I graduated HS in 1954 and have no idea who gave our commencement speech.
lol.gif

They don't make them like PH anymore.

Regards,
hm

Everybody hates cops. It's an automatic response. Everyone loves a fireman, they are automatically assumed to all be heros. It's a weird thing...

In my life I have known some crooked cops. I don't think I have known any crooked Firemen.

It's a lot better around here now compared to fifty years ago as far as cops being on the take.Much better. However these younger cops,just speaking around here and just my own observation,are much quicker to shoot.I think a lot of that change is because officials or politicians have taken away tools cops used to have. It may well be that the people they deal with are more likely to be armed but speaking for around here I don't think so.
Now things go from bad to worse faster. Used to be cops around here would fight. They had slap jacks and billy clubs and could use them without killing folke.Knots on the head sure but you was alive to rub them next day.Back in the day a known trouble maker who was drunk and showing his...butt would just be whacked from behind and loaded.Back then it was the drunk who was at fault.

Things are in some ways much better than they were. Other things not so much.
Most of the law enforcement officers I have encountered have been very professional.A few have been pure smart asses.It's would be hard to tell sometimes who needs to go because so many times the complaints come from folks known to be criminals. Criminals many times are not truthful.

Over all I think things are better than they were years ago.
I think oboma set things back fifty years for many black people.
I think democrats and friends are using blacks now worse than any time in my lifetime.
I think it has always been and will continue to be a mess,both law enforcement and race issues.

The one thing about officers that will never change is that they make them out of people.Everyone knows what people are like.

From memory I have arrested firemen for arson, dwi, leaving the scene of an accident, supplying alcohol to minors, sexual child abuse, domestic violence, fraud and stealing by deceit, one for poaching deer.

And several cops for about the same line up, with the exception of arson. Arson is a firefighter thing.

Well I stand corrected.
Firemen suck too.

Not really. Both occupations are jobs I am not cut out to do.
I am glad there are people that are cut out for the job and thankful for the good ones.

Originally Posted By: GCI've arrested several firemen. Two for arson...

Originally Posted By: GCArson is a firefighter thing.

Yeap!

Quote: Everybody hates cops. Just not true. Sure seems like it if ya watch the news these days. BUT I for one do not HATE cops.
Can't lump everyone into one category.

Originally Posted By: songdogQuote: Everybody hates cops. Just not true. Sure seems like it if ya watch the news these days. BUT I for one do not HATE cops.

Why not, they do that with cops?

All of these people bitching about cops makes me mad. Maybe they should try to do the job for a few weeks and see of they don't change their tune!

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: songdogQuote: Everybody hates cops. Just not true. Sure seems like it if ya watch the news these days. BUT I for one do not HATE cops.

Why not, they do that with cops? You,re right GC,we need a like button!

Last edited:
Back