204 ruger & 30gr Berger hp ?

varmit_master

Has anyone shot a coyote with a 20 cal 30gr Berger? I know they would work on Bobcats good. I was going to use them on crows and armadillos. Just wondering how they would work on a coyote. I know shot placement is everything. My Berger book has the load data for them.

I have shot 35 gr bergers. I didn't know they had a 30gr for the 20. I looked on their website and did not see them listed?

I have shot 32 gr. Noslers on coyotes using my 204. They work great on broadside shots. One hole, run about 30 yards and tip over. ( Coyote didn't know it was dead already) Front shots they blew a big hole and coyotes took off. Had to shoot it again. I went to 40 Noslers. DRT since then.

Rudy

I fount 2 boxes a guy had. So I bought them
If u look around on other forums and post your looking for some. U can find them. I have seen several boxes for sell last few weeks. I know to keep it out of the shoulder.

Originally Posted By: varmit_masterHas any shot any coyotes with the 30gr Berger? I dont have a graf . How fast could u push the 30gr bullet?

I would say 3900fps should be easy.. I looked that bullet up and it looked quite short compared to a 35 berger and the hornadys 32.. If scroll down on link below you will see a comparison chart and some info on the 30.. Dan

https://www.accurateshooter.com/cartridge-guides/20caliber/

Back