Burris fulfield hickup

Coyote#1

I owned this burris 2-7x35 fullfield for 2 yrs,never had a minutes problem with it. After testing some 223 loads in my Rossi single shot with a nikon 6-18x on board. I decided to mount this little burris to help lighten up the Rossi package for hunting. After mounting, I took it out & shot the same load that had just proven to be 1/4" at 80 yrds (thats all the range I have on my property) & it shot like a shotgun! Checked the norm probs & everything was good. After wasting about 20 rnds of good hand loads, I gave up.. Took the scope off & was intending to send it back to Burris.. I took the scope caps off & was messing around with the windage/elv adj & noticed the windage seemed to be stuck! I knew it wasn't at its furthest point either way so I applied a little more pressure to the adjustment & finally got it to move. After that, I remounted & it sighted in just fine! Never seen this problem before! Anyone else experienced this problem?

First thing I would do is call Burris and see what they say. Or...if you don't mind wasting a little more ammo, try a few more range trips and see if it holds zero. Personally, if it were mine, I'd call Burris first, then send it in for a tune up.

I tested the rifle/scope again this afternoon. Its Still holding zero & seems to be tracking perfectly now. Just never had this happen before! All I can figure is something must have been in a bind! Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this..

I have a couple of those scopes, only negative was the mushy end stops either way.
Never sure if it was maxed out & didn't want to over torque it.
So I tried to stay away from the ends - easier said than done.

I have a couple, one tac 30 3.5-10. That one is just about impossible to adjust magnification in below freezing temps. Sent it in, got an email from them saying it "met their quality standards" and they were returning it. I pointed out in return email that they authorized the return because of the functionality in cold weather, the email I received back was not nice. The scope appeared to not have been serviced or turrets not even checked. Still very hard to adjust magnification, will not use this one anymore.

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootI have a couple, one tac 30 3.5-10. That one is just about impossible to adjust magnification in below freezing temps. Sent it in, got an email from them saying it "met their quality standards" and they were returning it. I pointed out in return email that they authorized the return because of the functionality in cold weather, the email I received back was not nice. The scope appeared to not have been serviced or turrets not even checked. Still very hard to adjust magnification, will not use this one anymore.

Sounds like things have changed @ burris.. I dealt with them once, but thats been several yrs ago.. Funny thing, I have a old USA made fullfied thats been beat to [beeep] & has a big burn on the bottom where it was mouted on a muzzle loader. Optical clarity aside,I feel it is still a better more reliable scope than the new ones.

Originally Posted By: Coyote#1I owned this burris 2-7x35 fullfield for 2 yrs,never had a minutes problem with it. After testing some 223 loads in my Rossi single shot with a nikon 6-18x on board. I decided to mount this little burris to help lighten up the Rossi package for hunting. After mounting, I took it out & shot the same load that had just proven to be 1/4" at 80 yrds (thats all the range I have on my property) & it shot like a shotgun! Checked the norm probs & everything was good. After wasting about 20 rnds of good hand loads, I gave up.. Took the scope off & was intending to send it back to Burris.. I took the scope caps off & was messing around with the windage/elv adj & noticed the windage seemed to be stuck! I knew it wasn't at its furthest point either way so I applied a little more pressure to the adjustment & finally got it to move. After that, I remounted & it sighted in just fine! Never seen this problem before! Anyone else experienced this problem?

It sounds like you got a little grit of some sort in there. A little compressed air might help. If it keeps working well I wouldn't worry about it.

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: Coyote#1I owned this burris 2-7x35 fullfield for 2 yrs,never had a minutes problem with it. After testing some 223 loads in my Rossi single shot with a nikon 6-18x on board. I decided to mount this little burris to help lighten up the Rossi package for hunting. After mounting, I took it out & shot the same load that had just proven to be 1/4" at 80 yrds (thats all the range I have on my property) & it shot like a shotgun! Checked the norm probs & everything was good. After wasting about 20 rnds of good hand loads, I gave up.. Took the scope off & was intending to send it back to Burris.. I took the scope caps off & was messing around with the windage/elv adj & noticed the windage seemed to be stuck! I knew it wasn't at its furthest point either way so I applied a little more pressure to the adjustment & finally got it to move. After that, I remounted & it sighted in just fine! Never seen this problem before! Anyone else experienced this problem?

It sounds like you got a little grit of some sort in there. A little compressed air might help. If it keeps working well I wouldn't worry about it.

Yea I didn't think about that! Could have been..

Back