vx5HD vs vx3i

ToddNE

I am looking for real world experience on if the VX5HD is that much better than VX3i? i love my vx3i I currently have and am looking to up grade a scope on another rifle and wondering if the 5 is worth the extra money

I have a couple VX-3 LR scopes with side focus and 30mm tube and 3 VX-3i scopes. They are either 3.5-10 or 4.5-14 and have 40 and 50 mm objectives in each. I once had a VX-5HD in the 2-10x42 with the plain turrets. I got it for a good deal and sold it for the same because I didn’t have a rifle to put it on at the time.

To me, it was clear and sharp, but I felt the reticle was a touch more thick than the same style reticle in the VX-3/3i’s. I tried it at out at night just holding it in my hands to see how it picked up my red shooting light. It did pick up light well, but I didn’t feel that it was significantly better than any of my VX-3/3i models, especially considering the list price difference between them.

The best thing in my opinion about the VX5 I had was the magnification range of 2-10 for calling opposed to the 3.5-10 on the 3s. As far as glass, to my eye, there wasn’t enough difference in the 5HD I had to go up from the 3s I’ve been using.

I’ve needed a scope since having the VX-5HD, and bought more VX-3is. Best thing to do would be go somewhere that has both and lol through them and compare them at the same time in the same lighting conditions.

Last edited:
Back