Fox-Pro or Lucky Duck ?

Papa3

I’m in the process of buying a new electric caller I’ve got it narrowed down to Fox-Pro or Lucky Duck. I’m leaning heavily towards the Lucky Duck Revolt what’s your choice and how difficult is it to add more sounds to either one ? Can the sounds be added using a I-pad or do you need to use desk top computer thanks for any and all info you can share.

I have yet to add sounds to my LD but I like it more than my FP. The sounds are clear and crisp and the volume is better. I have better success with it too.

Thank you Sir have you or do you know anyone who has added calls to the caller I’m just wondering if it’s something a non computer genius could do .

Originally Posted By: The SurgeonLucky Duck, I was at this same cross roads a year ago, I went Revolt and have never regretted it for a minute.
Casey

What are you using for batteries? How is the battery life?

I have been on the fence with the Revolt or the Roughneck. The rotating of the Revolt would be nice...if the Revolt had the same remote as the Roughneck, it would make my decision easier!

Originally Posted By: JB-WIOriginally Posted By: The SurgeonLucky Duck, I was at this same cross roads a year ago, I went Revolt and have never regretted it for a minute.
Casey

What are you using for batteries? How is the battery life?

I have been on the fence with the Revolt or the Roughneck. The rotating of the Revolt would be nice...if the Revolt had the same remote as the Roughneck, it would make my decision easier!

Revolt for sure over the fp, and the Roughneck looks good also but I do like the rotate feature. I got mine when they were still $300 and it was a bargain. Bite the bullet and get the battery pack and charger with it.

You can add sounds with an IPad if you have a sd card adapter. I use my desktop. The sd card requires a USB. The LD is very easy to add sounds to.

The new foxpro lineup (X2, X2S, XWAVE) are all three louder than any of the lucky duck calls. Just in case volume is a factor for you. Also, the new sound library is pretty insane. I have put them side by side and to me, there’s just nothing out there that compares

Originally Posted By: The SurgeonLucky Duck, I was at this same cross roads a year ago, I went Revolt and have never regretted it for a minute.

Casey
Same here and not disappointed at all...great sounds, great volume when needed and if you get the rechargeable battery pack, it will last for 2 or three nights dependent upon your volume use and if you use the motion decoy on it.
I don't think you can download any "other" sounds from other soundmakers...but you can purchase more sounds from Rick on an SD card if you need them. I got mine with 100 sounds and Rick usually throws an additional 20-25 other sounds in as well. I haven't began to use all the sounds on mine.

Thanks for the info guys , may I ask who Rick is and how would I contact him.

I’ve decided on the Lucky Duck now I need to decide if I want the Revolt or the roughneck.

Quote:I don't think you can download any "other" sounds from other soundmakers.Actually easy to add any sound that is in the Mp3 format.

Quote:may I ask who Rick is and how would I contact him. sent ya a PM with contact info

Last edited:
I got a Lucky Duck revolt and love it. I had a foxpro and the Lucky duck is way better in my opinion. Integrated decoy that will spin, no brainier. I use rechargeable batteries I got from amazon and it lasts all day. I am way more successful with the lucky duck by far. I was even more successful with hand calls over the foxpro.

Back