UMAR ????????

I assume you've already checked Gunbroker and similar sites.

BTW my three-year-old 22-250 UMAR is a coyote-smacking machine and you'd have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands, but you might want to check out ARs in some of the newer rounds such as 22 Creedmoor, Nosler, etc. The only reason is that those newer rifles work off more standard AR platforms, which might allow you to use cheaper and/or larger mags. (Five-rounders for my UMAR run a hundred bucks each.) I think they're almost as fast as the .22-250. Plus they'll shoot heavier pills if that's your preference. (I'm happy with 55-grainers out of the UMAR's 1:14 barrel for coyotes; my longest kill was 540 yards, and several were over 400.)

Last edited:
A few months ago I found a new one on GB for around a grand iirc. It was even in Nebraska, I debated too long as it didn't last.

Originally Posted By: WyodoggerI assume you've already checked Gunbroker and similar sites.

BTW my three-year-old 22-250 UMAR is a coyote-smacking machine and you'd have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands, but you might want to check out ARs in some of the newer rounds such as 22 Creedmore, Nosler, etc. The only reason is that those newer rifles work off more standard AR platforms, which might allow you to use cheaper and/or larger mags. (Five rounders for my UMAR run a hundred bucks each.) I think they're almost as fast as the .22-250. Plus they'll shoot heavier pills if that's your preference. (I'm happy with 55-grainers out of the UMAR's 1:14 barrel for coyotes; my longest kill was 540 yards, and several were over 400.)

Yes, it sounds like the 22 NXS Ritch and Greg have been shooting does 22-250 speeds with much more "standard" AR parts, and you could build one with one of Ritch's custom barrels and some nice aftermarkets parts for those prices.

I hunted with my buddies a year ago. Dead accurate! Only downside is everything on it is proprietary to UMAR. As stated above magazines aren’t cheap. But if you want a dead accurate 22-250 it’s AWESOME.

Mike B I have seen the new rounds and calibers. My problem with them is reloading ammo and new equipment is all $$$$$. I already have my 22-250 reloading stuff. Plus I am seeing some BAD reports on the 22 Nosler having trouble case wise!!!! So I have gone over it i my head MANY times and I feel the OA UMAR is the route I want to go!

I have two and they are pure death on coyotes.

W4RM2r.jpg

Back