SWFA optics?

pyscodog

A local pawn shop has a 10 power and a 16 power, both with decent rings and the scopes are clean. Not knowing much about SWFA scopes, they both look good and aren't to much away from NIB condition. Neither have side focus so I can only assume they might be older versions? IDK? Like I said, don't know much about them at all. I Youtubed a few videos and reviews say they are good scopes and pretty much bullet proof. I can probably get both for $300 out the door. Yay or Nay? Thoughts and opinions please.

Even the new ones have a rear focus. From what I understand they are the old Tasco sniper scopes that have been upgraded and manufactured to better tolerances. In my opinion glass is just ok but the guts are bulletproof. Both for 3 is a bargain.

Originally Posted By: DennyrEven the new ones have a rear focus. From what I understand they are the old Tasco sniper scopes that have been upgraded and manufactured to better tolerances. In my opinion glass is just ok but the guts are bulletproof. Both for 3 is a bargain.

You pretty much repeated what I've seen/heard in the videos. I may go talk to him tomorrow and see what kind of deal he's willing to make. I could use one of them but may buy both if he deals.

They are the holy grail of cheap turret scopes on 24hr campfire. Good guts and ok glass from what I read. Never had the desire to try one since I like better than "ok " glass.

You can spend days and more reading about them on 24hr....

I bought the 16 power SWFA and put it on my 308. Due to monsoons here in Okla. I haven't got to take the rifle out but looking out the door, into the field across the street, out to 300 yards it looks pretty clear. Hopefully the rain lets up soon so I can give it a range test. Its my first SWFA and was cheap....really cheap, so I thought I would give it a try and see if it meets the hoopla I have read about them. I can always flip it on the fire if it doesn't work out. LOL!

I got the scope mounted and finally got to go to the range. The scope was easy to get dialed in and the glass is actually pretty decent. For the $100 I paid for it, as of now, no complaints. Dials are a little mushy but it took adjustments. I needed a scope for a new 308 and with all I had read thought what the heck and gave it a try. I had planned on getting something better later but as long as the SWFA is working I may just leave it on there.

It turned out to be a lot better scope than I thought it would be. Actually pretty decent glass and the knobs seem to be working just fine. Kinda wishing I had both both of them now.

I’ve been using the SS line of scope on rifles for long range shooting. I have the fixed and the 5-20 HD models with the mil-quad reticle. I do a lot of dialing and use the shim stops under the turret to return to zero quickly (actually have mine setup to go a mil past zero).

Never had a problem with any adjustments and I crank on them fast.

I started using the fixed powers on my 22lr rifles because the parallax can be adjusted 10yds-infinity.. Even has plenty of internal adjustment to get me past 200 yds with my 22lr (banging steel).

Holds zero even under 50 BMG recoil.

Glad you are liking it.

Back