Savage Model 25?

Rex Nutria

Any reviews on this rifle? I generally like Savage, but here that there has been some issues with plastic magazines and synthetic stocks with this model. I like the idea of a lightweight varmint rifle, maybe in 204. Any opinions on this?

My opinion, it is a really ugly rifle and for about the same price you can get a Mini Howa, CZ 527 or a number of nicer rifles.

Originally Posted By: AWSMy opinion, it is a really ugly rifle and for about the same price you can get a Mini Howa, CZ 527 or a number of nicer rifles.

Ugly for sure. Savage should not have made this one in my opinion as it is not up to the standards of their main bolt guns that have been around for decades. I have only shot one but that was good enough for me.

Yeah, they sure are ugly. I got an old 99 and that's my pride and joy. Lately, I have been thinking about a Tikka T3 just because it seems to be the only .222 Remington currently in production. That seems like an interesting round.

I asked the neighbor lady if her kids were twins. She said one is six and one is eight. How are you so stupid to ask that. I said, your so ugly I thought they were twins. Can't believe anyone slept with you twice. Moral...ugly is in the eyes of the beholder. Even though the Model 25 isn't a beauty queen, they shoot good. 22 Plinkster has a video on the Model 25 in 17 Hornet. Its a shooter. I sold mine to a friend and its one of his favorites. Accurate...very! Pretty...not so much.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogAccurate...very! Pretty...not so much.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but for my eyes, ALL, Savage bolt action rifles would fall under the above statement. They generally shoot very well, but good lord are their actions fugly.

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: pyscodogAccurate...very! Pretty...not so much.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but for my eyes, ALL, Savage bolt action rifles would fall under the above statement. They generally shoot very well, but good lord are their actions fugly.

LOL, knew that was coming sooner or later.

All joking aside. I got to handle one of Savages new Elite Precisions. (I think that's what they are called.) The ones in the chassis with a gold colored bolt. It had one of the smoothest actions I have ever felt for a factory rifle.Especially a Savage. I don't know what was different about it but it was like it was on bearings.

I have one in .17 Hornet that is super accurate. As others have said, not the prettiest out there but fun to shoot. Looks and feels like it was built by a plumber, but so does my Remington 700 SPS .17 Fireball...another great shooter.

Surprisingly the model 25 is very reminiscent of Sav rifles from the 1930s in the Model 19, 23, 40 and 45.

Back