Rem 700 magazine drop in kit for my 223 AI Rem.

derbyacresbob

https://www.legacysports.com/catalog/how...ington-700-bdl/

I was having problems with my Rem 700 223 Rem Ackley Improved feeding the 223 AI rounds. I never had a problem with my Tikka feeding the AI rounds out of it's detachable magazine.

Check ot the above link.

I just bought the Legacy detachable magazine drop in kit and installed it and now the 223 AI rounds are feeding good into my Rem 700.

Do any of you know anything about the 10 round magazines that come with the Legacy drop in kits? Are they interchangeable with another type or brand of detachable magazines?

I want to thank Rustydust for helping to convince me many years ago into having a 223 AI made for shooting ground squirrels. I now have two of them.

I have fire formed close to 800 pieces of 223 AI brass shooting ground squirrels. The new factory LC 223 brass that Natchez sold real cheap quite a few years ago fire forms to 223 AI brass perfectly.

For the guys that have 223 AI rifles have you ever had to trim the 223 AI brass back to length?

I have shot the AI since the 80's, never trimmed a case.

Bob, check the before and after lengths fire forming, the cases shrink in length. The speed and accuracy of the AI is just hard to believe.

If you like putting down coyotes HARD, try the 55g Sierra Blitz lead tip at 3550 fps, you will have to see it to believe it, slow twist 12-14 are best for this bullet.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply ackleyman!

Have you ever had to trim any 223AI brass?

I have not shot many 223AI rounds yet. I am still having a great time fire forming 223 AI brass shooting at ground squirrels.

I have to shoot lead free bullets so I will probable use the Nosler 40 gr BT Lead Free Varmint bullets and the Hornady 35 gr NTX Lead Free Varmint bullets.

My Tikka 223 AI is much lighter than my Rem 700 22-250 and Rem 700 243 Win so I am planning on using the lighter Tikka more often.

Yesterday I fire formed about 70 more 223 AI brass shooting the Hornady 35 gr NTX Lead Free varmint bullets at ground squirrels with my son. We ended up getting 153 squirrels shooting the Hornady 35 gr NTX bullets.

Back