The Grim Reaper

DoubleUp

Moon was about 82% last night, so I didn't go calling, and was too tired anyway from pressure washing. I made a few howls last night and when I checked about an hour later a coyote was out in the field. I had just picked up a fresh road kill in front of my house from the previous night, and the wind was just right for her to catch the scent. I killed her at 240 yds. It was a not bred female, probably last year's pup.

#82 by Double Up, on Flickr

Video:

Thanks guys. We keep getting one occasionally Joey, but June is always a bad month for us. It's hot and nights are short. We only make one stand and it's hard to get just one in now with it not getting dark until after 9:30. We start our count over on July 1, and July isn't any better than June. I may pull one or two more off the bait pile but I've killed 36 already in this field behind my house this year.

Another good one DU. You keep racking them up. I've got a black coyote that shows up behind my place every 2 weeks or so. One of these days I'll be out there hopefully when he makes an appearance.

That's great Burn. I've killed 3 black ones over the years, and they are a special prize. Hope you get him soon.

lol.gif
thumbup.gif

Nice . I finally get to call at night. Ark has a predator control permit for private land. It's to help turkeys, deer, and quail. A person can take coyotes, bobcat, coons, red/grey fox, oppsums, and skunks yr around by any method. The permit is free!!

Back