Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 347 of 348 < 1 2 ... 345 346 347 348 >
Topic Options
#3243957 - 05/08/20 09:09 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
6mm06 Online
PM senior

Loc: USA

Good deal CT. Very informative. Those little CZís are nice rifles. Thank you for the info.

I have used home-made night vision quite a lot with good success. Itís actually a very good outfit for close range shooting, clear and good view with an 850nm illuminator.

CZ 527 .17 Remington and Hornady 25 gr. HP.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fjT1h3hbYB8

#3244255 - 05/12/20 05:29 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
coyote_thumper Offline

Loc: WA
Nice video 06. Yes I really like the CZ rifles.

I got another coyote last night.

Video is a bit rough. I didn't get any advance warning on this one. The bait pile alarm started going off so I jumped out of bed and hurried to the window as fast as I could. When I clicked the IR lights on it started walking away. I flipped the safety off and fired a quick shot before it went behind a tree and out of sight. It dropped instantly. I thought i hit the back half of it, so i fired a second shot to make sure it stayed down and wasn't just stunned. After checking the carcase, i don't think the second shot was needed. First shot went right where it should. The second shot was in the rear end that was visible from behind the tree.

I need to get a mic connected to my DVR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq9pSgovF14

#3244275 - 05/12/20 09:04 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
Burnsome... Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: GA
Great shot CT

I'd guess 50 yards or so?

Edited by Burnsome... (05/12/20 09:04 PM)

#3244286 - 05/13/20 01:56 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Burnsome...]
coyote_thumper Offline

Loc: WA
Thanks. 63 yards according to the rangefinder.

#3245812 - 06/01/20 02:12 AM Re: Baiting [Re: coyote_thumper]
bdub24 Offline

Loc: MS
Any one ever set up a cast feeder with dog/cat food?...I have several deer hunting camps in heavy timber wanting me to thin out coons and yotes ...response to calls has slowed for me lately and i had this idea.... set it up with camera try to patttern them and take em out with my thermal...
Any thoughts or suggestions welcome...

#3245876 - 06/02/20 07:21 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Online
Die Hard Member III

I have fed them dog food in the past, but not from an automatic feeder. Seems to work well enough as a bait especially in the summer. I usually try to use something to mix with it initially like bacon grease. It won't hold up well when it gets wet though.

Moon was about 82% last night, so I didn't go calling, and was too tired anyway from pressure washing. I made a few howls last night and when I checked a coyote was out in the field. I had just picked up a fresh road kill in front of my house from the previous night, and the wind was just right for her to catch the scent. I killed her at 240 yds. It was a not bred female, probably last year's pup.

#82 by Double Up, on Flickr

Video:

#3245886 - 06/02/20 10:41 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
6mm06 Online
PM senior

You sure put that one down, DoubleUp. You keep dropping them at rather long ranges which continues to attest to the accuracy of rifle, load and scope.

#3245901 - 06/02/20 12:17 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Online
Die Hard Member III

The Grim Reaper takes no prisoners.

#3245904 - 06/02/20 12:35 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
Burnsome... Offline
Seasoned Member

Good one DU. Another one for the basket.

bdub24 - I dont use a spreader for dog food but have thought about it. Should work fine I would think. I spread out two fairly good sized scoops of dog/cat food every night. Its about a 200 yard walk from my home but I take the dog with me and he enjoys it so its worth it to me to do it as a daily effort. Plus gives me the opportunity to check trail cams to monitor all the activities at night, and my homebound elderly neighbor likes a daily visit with my dog so I stop by for that.

#3245981 - 06/03/20 10:53 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Burnsome...]
bdub24 Offline

Loc: MS
yeah... that makes perfect sense... I wish i lived out in the country like you guys... just not in the cards for me and my family yet!!!!.. so I have to set something up since I don't have that ability put out something everyday or even every so often!... I plan to set it up strategically, so i can drive up and make a short walk to a snipers hide and pick off some critters!!. I'll try to document the process on here!
if I can figure the picture posting thing out!

#3245992 - 06/03/20 12:53 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
Burnsome... Offline
Seasoned Member

Sounds like an excellent plan bdub. I've put 4 trail cams around my bait area and its pretty hard to miss anything that comes by.

#3247077 - 06/21/20 10:17 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
6mm06 Online
PM senior

Trying to keep things alive during the summer months, so I am posting a few photos for Mr. Poppadopalis (Kevin) about a couple of his hunting sheds. He has several. It's always interesting to see how others bait hunt, and maybe give some ideas to others.

#3247119 - 06/22/20 03:58 PM Re: Baiting [Re: 6mm06]
Burnsome... Offline
Seasoned Member

Very cool sheds there Mr P! If I couldnt hunt from the comfort of a garage, I'd be building something similar. Thanks for posting those 6mm. Lots of good ideas there.

Here's another semi-related-hunting topic since the postings are down for the summer (except for DU who keeps knocking them in the dirt thumbup1 )

I recently purchased a wireless camera security system for my gun range on another piece of property up the road from where I live. Before I installed it, I walked out away from the house with one of the cameras and made it to 150 yards before the signal dropped off and it was a spot where the terrain dropped below line of sight. I was pretty impressed with that signal/distance/performance and the simplicity of the system. If I have friends going up to use my range I can talk to them through the speakers in the cameras, and its there if anybody shows up unannounced and whatnot. I've never had a problem there in the last 15 or so years but I feel better having day/night 24/7 surveillance from my phone app, especially since I've made some major upgrades and improvements up there recently.

I liked it so much I've ordered another system for my residence, and am going to start a 2nd bait pile about 120 yards out from my porch and slap a camera up there to notify me if mr. coyote shows up. That way I can sit in the comfort of my back porch where I'm at 90% of the time anyway and when a notification comes in its time to go to work...is that cheating? I dont know, but if helps keep 'em away I guess it is what it is...

Security System on Amazon

#3247127 - 06/22/20 06:51 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
Mr. Poppadopalis Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Metro Denver
Burnsome,

Thank you! Each hut has a Mr. Heater and 2 bunks to sleep on.

I also have a wireless beeper system with a base station.

Beep beep;-)

#3247143 - 06/22/20 11:04 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Burnsome...]
6mm06 Online
PM senior

Originally Posted By: Burnsome...
...........am going to start a 2nd bait pile about 120 yards out from my porch and slap a camera up there to notify me if mr. coyote shows up. That way I can sit in the comfort of my back porch where I'm at 90% of the time anyway and when a notification comes in its time to go to work...is that cheating?

No, thatís not cheating. It is using your head to increase chances for success.

Nice looking camera, Burn. Since it requires wifi, it wonít work at my cabin on the farm (no electricity for computer or wifi), but it might work at the chicken coop that is about 75 yards from my house - to keep watch for bear that have been plaguing the area. I have already lost 8-9 chickens to one.

Do the cameras record video that can be transmitted to an iphone? Are you able to replay video? If so, how about posting some examples?

Page 347 of 348 < 1 2 ... 345 346 347 348 >

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.