Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3245473 - 05/27/20 10:18 PM Re: Vern Dorn's 'Whistle' [Re: UtahTrapper]
Z Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Bluffdale, UT
I have a farmer friend in northern Montana that I used to call with. He shot a
204 and took his coyotes to a retired ADC man. That old guy took around 700 coyotes a year. That was between September and around the middle of December when he said they started to rub. He bought a new pickup in September and put 35,000 miles on it when he quit in December.
I also have a friend who is a sheep and cattle rancher in northern Montana. A couple of years ago he lost 230 lambs to coyotes. He called me in March and told me the USDA had just flown his place and the surrounding area. They shot 210 coyotes in 12 hours and the gunner was complaining of a sore shoulder. He also has an ADC guy working his place that has 15 "getters" placed on his place continuously
Talk to the aerial guys.
They can tell you about unbelievable numbers that us ground pounders can't believe.

#3245748 - 05/31/20 10:05 AM Re: Vern Dorn's 'Whistle' [Re: Z]
SlickerThanSnot Offline
PM senior

Loc: stuck in a fence
Originally Posted By: Z
That old guy took around 700 coyotes a year. That was between September and around the middle of December when he said they started to rub.

700 coyotes in 4 months?

that guy must be some kind of local legend. unsure

#3245882 - 06/02/20 08:25 AM Re: Vern Dorn's 'Whistle' [Re: UtahTrapper]
DAA Offline
PM senior

Loc: Salt Lake City
Holy moly. Nineteen year old thread resurrection! Nice blast from the past. Scott and Cal posting.

I haven't talked to or seen Cal for a couple of years. Talk to Scott more often, but haven't seen him for couple years either. Tried to get a hunt going with him on his home turf last year but the weather didn't cooperate.

- DAA

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  220_Swift, carvercalls 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.