Hunting with red lights

CallingArkansas

I most always hunt solo and this year I started hunting a lot at night due to new regulations. I use red lights, one for scanning and one rifle mounted. My question, is there anything that I can do to prevent the white out I get from the muzzle blast? Will a side vented muzzle brake make any difference?

Suppressor, thermal, or quality NV is not an option for me at this time.

Any help will be appreciated.

Mount the light below barrel and as far forward as you can.

That is the trick we used for our IR lights when using Night vision

I’ve got a muzzle brake that can be blocked off on the top, it’s called an adjustable. I don’t use it because it’s so loud. I’ll Try that. My light is mounted on bottom of rail almost to the end of the barrel.

I know it’s aggravating to only be able to get one shot + it makes them difficult to locate if there’s much grass.

Thanks!

..in this great state of PA...our ONLY option thus far is red lights..

..we have shot a very good number of yotes using them. My gun lights are mounted on scope or below on fore end of stock..

before we started shooting suppressed...we took off our breaks and just used t-protectors..there was some flash but we always tried to make each shot count....after the shot we used the gun light for a quick spot scan after shot then go to hand held..

Thanks for the suggestions and comments.

I’ve got my AR light mounted bottom rail almost to the end of the barrel.

My light on my bolt gun is mounted on top of the scope and I’m not shooting a break on either of them.

But after the shot I’m immediately blinded from a white cloud. I suppose it just goes with using lights. Was hoping someone with more experience than myself had a solution.

Thanks Dirty Dog
I don’t reload so that’s not an option for me at this time.
Maybe trying a different ammo may help though. I’ve been shooting the Hornady Super Performance 53 gr V Max and have a custom CDS dial for that ammo which has worked beyond my expectations. Kind of hate to change, but if a different ammo eliminated the problem then I’ll make the change.

Thanks again!

Back