Your opinions on this shot

Looked like a good hit to me. One thing I also do is check my zero once every month or 2 to ensure the bullet is hitting where the crosshairs indicate. Helps build confidence in shot placement and helps minimize being off a couple of inches or so...just in case thats happening.

Either the coyote you shot or another coyote comes running back by you from right to left at around the 25 second segment of the video. The coyote you shot first ran to the right. Is it possible you searched in the wrong direction? It looked like a sure hit to me, but a tic too far back.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: weekender Either the coyote you shot or another coyote comes running back by you from right to left at around the 25 second segment of the video. The coyote you shot first ran to the right. Is it possible you searched in the wrong direction? It looked like a sure hit to me, but a tic to far back.

?? It didn’t look big enough to be a Coyote ??

It did look smallish to me as well but I couldn't see it clearly in the video. I assumed coyote. Maybe the OP had a better look?

Weekender , it was a moth or something. It’s funny what the IR light does to things .

When we first set up there was three mink or ferrets in the field.
That’s the first time I’ve ever seen them in MI. Pretty neat to see .

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input guys .

Lately we have had a few runners like this , I have been stressing to the two guys that we have to shoot a bit farther forward on the coyotes to Stop having runners.

I’m extremely happy with our results lately. Been seeing a lot more coyotes.
We changed the way we have been setting up and using different sounds . I have taken lots of advice from guys here and applying it successfully.

Thanks again to all the good people here that help and spread knowledge

Originally Posted By: Shooter222Thanks for all the input guys .

Lately we have had a few runners like this , I have been stressing to the two guys that we have to shoot a bit farther forward on the coyotes to Stop having runners.

I’m extremely happy with our results lately. Been seeing a lot more coyotes.
We changed the way we have been setting up and using different sounds . I have taken lots of advice from guys here and applying it successfully.

Thanks again to all the good people here that help and spread knowledge

One thing I have found is that some people just shoot for Mass on a Coyote.

1 rule I remember from another member here on PM and he kills quite a few Coyotes.
He told me to always follow the leg up with my reticle, exhale, then shoot!

Best advice ever;-)

Back