Hogue over molded stocks?

deadrabbits

Ok I have an old LA 110 savage 243 I finally bartered from my uncle as it was the 1st gun I killed my 1st deer w 30 years ago. I only trad hunt big game and have strictly for the last 25 years so idk tons about guns as far as ballistics etc. Just love predator hunting. So I wanted to fix her up a bit. Money always being an issue of course. So i put a nicer scope on it and a blk hogue varmit stock. The problem is it definitely needs a trigger! So how much of a difference beyond looks does the stock make over, say putting a timney in? I spent enough on the scope and it's either send the hogue back and get a trigger job or just wait and spring for a trigger when I can probably in a couple months? Ideas are welcome? It's not my only dog gun so I'm not out a gun i have 3 others so i can sit on it if need be....
Cheers

If it has the 3 screw trigger they can be adjusted down nicely. The factory spring can be changed to a lighter one. Sear is also adjustable. Makes a nice hunting trigger.

Yes, what is called the three screw trigger can be very simply made much lighter and it's something you can do yourself if you want. Go to savageshooters and just ask, one of the old timers will help you out.

I have found the Hogue with the full length bedding blocks to be very accurate with the actions put in them.

Many find the rubber finish offensive.

Several times I have dropped in Remington 700 in 7 Mags in the full length bedding block Hogues, and see them shoot sub 1/2" groups...no bedding...no nothing done to them.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanI have found the Hogue with the full length bedding blocks to be very accurate with the actions put in them.

Many find the rubber finish offensive.

Several times I have dropped in Remington 700 in 7 Mags in the full length bedding block Hogues, and see them shoot sub 1/2" groups...no bedding...no nothing done to them.

I have one my Remington 700 heavy barreled 243.
I love wood but the Hogue great in the field.

Back