Your opinions on this shot

Shooter222

Custom Call Maker
url]

Please take a look at cross hairs and tell me if this is bad shot placement or not.

I think it’s a bit far back but I’m looking for your opinions

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I think you are too far back, but it's not terrible. Should get liver there. What happened after that shot?

Last edited:
Definitely looks hit to me. I couldn’t really slow video down though so hard for me to say where.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, we never found it.

Always bothers me when we loose one.

It was my partner shooting His .243 Which was just sighted in.

Great to have videos like that so we can review our shots as its not always as we remember in the heat of the moment. The last one I shot ran about 250-300 yards before giving it up. Took several days to find it. That one was not normal though. I reviewed the shot many many times on my scope video. The shot was good, but I attribute the long run due to my temporary change in bullet design/weight. Have since gone back to what works and has proven to do better with regards to runners. Coyotes are a lot tougher than I thought...

Last edited:
Can I back this thread up a little and ask a question?

On The original picture I posted, With the coyote quartering to us the way it is and where the cross hairs are in the picture...
Is that shot too far back?

Also- thanks for all the opinions on the shot in the vid

Only problem is I posted the wrong vid!
It was the same coyote but that gun wasn’t the shooter.

So many vids on phone, I messed up. I’m sorry guys.

I’ll work on posting the right vid.

Last edited:
Again- I’m sorry guys. Honest mistake ...

This vid was from the shooter on this coyote.

There was two ATN 4k guns and one thermal on the set

That looked like a good hit........

Did you check the area during daylight hours??

Bad thing about NV is that they get out there far enough away you lose sight of their eyes.

Did you look for it with thermal?

Yeah that one definitely looked like a hit....if his gun is truly dialed in. For shot placement on a quartering to shot, I try to aim through to the opposite shoulder..or just in front of the shoulder facing me. Broadside I follow front leg up.

Yes, we scanned entire field with my hogster. Didn’t find it, or any blood.

We didn’t go back the next day during daylight as we hunted from 8pm till 6:30am . And we were all exhausted.

Thank you, I figured that his shot was a little far back .

I imagine it was a lung shot or maybe liver shot from studying the anatomy piks I’ve seen here.

That’s the plan for this coming Saturday night.

I work in the boating business, we are extremely busy with putting storage boats back in water for the summer season
Specially with being closed for 5 weeks due to the virus .

Agree, that coyote was running dead. Runners are especially tough to find when the vegetation growth kicks into high gear.

Back