Ritchs Precision Guns

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3242803 - 04/25/20 11:09 PM Re: Hi, everyone I need your expert opinion ... [Re: carper1]
willy1947 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Ohio, Ohio

Rock River is hard to beat. They have built great rifles for a long time.
Windham Is a great place. They are the old Bushmaster company.
They sell rifles at a fair price and easy to deal with.

#3242885 - 04/26/20 09:27 PM Re: Hi, everyone I need your expert opinion ... [Re: willy1947]
Ohiochuck Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Ohio
++
Jim
Originally Posted By: willy1947

Rock River is hard to beat. They have built great rifles for a long time.
Windham Is a great place. They are the old Bushmaster company.
They sell rifles at a fair price and easy to deal with.

#3242910 - 04/27/20 08:56 AM Re: Hi, everyone I need your expert opinion ... [Re: carper1]
muskrat30 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wisconsin
Good luck with the DPMS. If you do anything, besides mounting an optic, the trigger is the place to start.

#3243217 - 04/30/20 09:17 AM Re: Hi, everyone I need your expert opinion ... [Re: carper1]
LipschitzWrath Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Due to price, from the very beginning I built my own. Have over a dozen AR's in all different calibers and configs now, and built and sold dozens of others. The only "complete" AR in my collection is the Colt I inherited when my father passed. It's a thing of beauty and the gun that started the craze for me. It sits in the corner of the safe now.

I say build your own. It's a learning experience and it's not hard. At all. Required tools are minimal. All the specialized tools just make it a bit easier. I'm fairly confident I could put together an AR with an armorer's wrench, a hammer, and 3 punches.

When you've built, handled, and sold as many AR's as I have, you'll see that most of the parts are the same. Yes, spend money on a good barrel and BCG, but these people that get all wrapped around the axle on what logo is on the side of their lower are crazy.

#3243236 - 04/30/20 12:42 PM Re: Hi, everyone I need your expert opinion ... [Re: LipschitzWrath]
Hibs Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: El Paso, TX
Originally Posted By: LipschitzWrath
I'm fairly confident I could put together an AR with an armorer's wrench, a hammer, and 3 punches.

You are absolutely correct. All the "specialty" tools just makes things easier.

#3243265 - 04/30/20 05:29 PM Re: Hi, everyone I need your expert opinion ... [Re: Hibs]
Rock Knocker Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Buffalo, MN
Originally Posted By: Hibs
Originally Posted By: LipschitzWrath
I'm fairly confident I could put together an AR with an armorer's wrench, a hammer, and 3 punches.

You are absolutely correct. All the "specialty" tools just makes things easier.

Lol, I've put them together with none of those things, well maybe a hammer was involved when my buddies package showed up and it needed to be built that second, but pretty much a leatherman will get it done well enough to shoot.

I would for sure build my own, and I would go with Aero Precision M4E1 parts because they are even easier to work on than mil spec and I believe they are about as perfect as AR15 receivers could be engeneered compared to mil spec.

#3245231 - 05/25/20 07:42 PM Re: Hi, everyone I need your expert opinion ... [Re: carper1]
carper1 Offline

Loc: U.S.A
I received my new DPMS Prairie Panther 223 and I like it. I have not been able to shoot it yet but as Muskrat30 warned the trigger seems awful heavy to me. I might want to change to maybe a Black Rain Ordnance ??. I could use some more thoughts ... are a used set of Black Rain a possibility ? tks Dennis

#3245251 - 05/25/20 10:21 PM Re: Hi, everyone I need your expert opinion ... [Re: carper1]
Breeze Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Nebraska
Before you invest in a new trigger give these a try, https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/JP-Enterprises-AR-15-RELIABILITY-ENHANCED-REDUCED-p/jp-jps3.5t.htm
Originally Posted By: carper1
I received my new DPMS Prairie Panther 223 and I like it. I have not been able to shoot it yet but as Muskrat30 warned the trigger seems awful heavy to me. I might want to change to maybe a Black Rain Ordnance ??. I could use some more thoughts ... are a used set of Black Rain a possibility ? tks Dennis

#3246237 - 06/07/20 06:00 PM Re: Hi, everyone I need your expert opinion ... [Re: Breeze]
carper1 Offline

Loc: U.S.A
Breeze, tks that did the trick it's more than acceptable now.

#3246247 - 06/07/20 08:44 PM Re: Hi, everyone I need your expert opinion ... [Re: carper1]
Breeze Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Nebraska
Your welcome glad it worked out and I could help
Originally Posted By: carper1
Breeze, tks that did the trick it's more than acceptable now.

#3246781 - 06/16/20 03:11 PM Re: Hi, everyone I need your expert opinion ... [Re: carper1]
Jim Byers Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Montana
Buy a Rock, you won't be disappointed..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  SnowmanMo 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.