Bitter creek wilderness study area MT anyone ever hunt it?

jetman

BC-WSA.jpg
Bitter creek WSA

Has anyone called coyotes there. A LOT of public lands it looks like. Planing a 3 day trip there in a few weeks. Looked at it on Google I think there is Pdogs there too.

Take your survival gear. Looks like a great place to me to hang out for 3 or more days.

"There are precious few places in the plains where a light is not visible on the horizon at night. Bitter Creek is one of those places. Stretching north of Glasgow to southern Saskatchewan, it is a land of grass; the largest remaining on the U.S.—Canadian border. In Montana, its core is the Bitter Creek Wilderness Study Area (WSA)—59,000 acres of glaciated plains and badlands where you could hike all day without seeing another soul or hearing the sound of an engine."

Funny about those roads, my friend used to teach school on the north shore of Fort Peck res in a one room school there. In the spring the local rancher would fly her to town to get groceries as the roads were totally impassable.

You can be chained up and in 4 wheel drive and be in trouble on those roads if it rains. You just have to take plenty of food and water and wait for the roads to dry out. If you spit on those roads they get slick.

YUP
I have lived and hunted in MT all my life.
My roots come from Homesteaders and bootleggers.
You always watch the sky and have a few jerry cans full of gas.
I have found tire chains just an easy way to dig deeper and NEVER get out.
If you think you need chains to get IN your already in trouble.
PS three feet of snow is easer then MT gumbo mud...
Just looking for some insight as to where to start It's huge country.

We do an annual deer/coyote hunt in there every fall....a sidex or 4 wheeler will be your best bet for getting around.. especially if it gets slick. Dogs will be found throughout the landscape, but this time of year I'd start about a mile or 2 out from the ag areas.. have fun! A version or 2 of pup distress is all you should need...

Back