Tripod recommendations?

Originally Posted By: KirschThere is a reason Night Goggles can't keep the Night Stalker in stock. Do yourself a favor and buy a fantastic product from a great sponsor of this site. Night Stalker . The carbon fiber makes this so light. If you need more stability, go for the Night Stalker Pro.

Been thinking about a tripod to add the gear bag. Predators, chucks and deer. What rifle clamp should I get ? Would like to use sporter style stocks as well as my fat forend A5s if possiable ?

Tim, look at the Kopfjager mount for the Nightstalker it should hold almost any gun, and even a spotting scope. Not perfect for the scope but it will work.

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: andrews1958What about the Bogg Night Stalker? I was thinking of buying one but concerned that it will not sit low enough when sitting down. From what I have seen the legs will need to be way out to bring it down to sitting level. Not sure if it would work in tight sitting locations Not sure what a Bogg Night Stalker Is? There is the Night Stalker from Night Goggles. This will go about as low as you want. You can even remove the center stalk and go prone if you like. I sit on 99% of my stands and I use the Night Stalker. You also mentioned the word Bogg. The company Bog makes a lot of tripods but only Night Goggles has the Night Stalker. I used a Bog FieldPod in the past, and it was OK, but much bulkier.

I think he means the bog pod death grip tripod.

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrTim, look at the Kopfjager mount for the Nightstalker it should hold almost any gun, and even a spotting scope. Not perfect for the scope but it will work.

Will take a look.
Thanks

We use BOG death grip tripod.
Carbon fiber
I like these cause of the versatility for clamping different guns. I also used mine during turkey season this year. 12 gauge recoil didn’t hurt it. I will prolly use it for Deer season as well when it comes back around.

I want to buy a Night Stalker this summer during the off season.

Back