6creed powder

I'm shooting 70gr Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets with RL16 in my 6mm Creemoor and it works extremely well. H4350 and RL16 are two powders that work extremely well in the 6CM.

Sierra's latest load manual is available via free app on your iphone if you do not have that one yet?

They say that H4895 did well with 70's. H4381 with 100 SPBT's and IMR 4350 for the longer match bullets.

In their rifle of course.

In case you have problems finding your powders R23 as a 4350 replacement and R16 as a 4895 replacement are options.

Just got done shooting a couple 6 CMs with 107 s and R23 day before yesterday. Good velocity and low ES with great accuracy. Didn't shoot any light bullets as we usually just grab the 22 CM or 22-250 AI if we re going down in bullet weight but know guys using R16 with 6CM and 70-75 trainers. Both those powders are temperature in-sensitive too; like the H series Hodgdons.

Good luck

I have been shooting the 70grn nosler bt over varget and getting good results. Right at 3600fps. I can't remember the data off the top of my head, but if your interested shoot me a message and I can find it. The next best thing has been H4350

Last edited:
43.2 gr of varget with Hornady brass, fed 210 primers and 70 gr blitzkings is what I am running for prairie dogs. Shooting out of an 8 twist 26” criterion barrel. I THINK the lab radar said somewhere between 3700-3750, I forget.

Great info, thanks!
I just put together a savage model 11 with a 6mm creed barrel and
i am just starting load development. I have a short freebore so i will be shooting the lighter bullets.

Anyone tried the new StaBALL.
Load data shows fast and it is supposed to be low velocity spread and is also supposedly temp stable. I have a pound on hand and plan to try it in 243 with 70's soon.

Last edited:
Back