Timney AR15 trigger in AR10?

P&Y

Curious if anyone has any experience with using a Timney competition AR15 trigger in an AR10 (DPMS G2 specifically).

From what I gather the 10 just has a heavier hammer for military primers which tells me I shouldn't need to buy a new trigger.. thanks for any help

I bought a cmc single stage 2.5 pound trigger. CMC says is AR10 rated. The CMC brakes at 2.2 pounds. I have the 3 pound timney in my POF P415. It brakes at 2.6 pounds. If you reload it isn’t gonna make any difference because you can buy factory primers so the lighter strikes won’t be an issue. I didn’t want to take the chance so I bought a CMC for my 10. Both triggers have creep BTW.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DultimatpredatorI bought a cmc single stage 2.5 pound trigger. CMC says is AR10 rated. The CMC brakes at 2.2 pounds. I have the 3 pound timney in my POF P415. It brakes at 2.6 pounds. If you reload it isn’t gonna make any difference because you can buy factory primers so the lighter strikes won’t be an issue. I didn’t want to take the chance so I bought a CMC for my 10. Both triggers have creep BTW.

I suspected you would have some first hand experience! Thanks

my buddy just put a velocity in his G2 and i've been running a timney 3.5 in my LR-308 for a long time now.

timney solved the light strike problem a while ago with a red hammer spring and a lighter hammer in their trigger groups, and when i had issues in my lr308 they sent me red springs & a new hammer to upgrade both my lr-308 and my ar-15 lower too.

hth

I have a 2.5lb Timney in my LMT MWS. No problems. I should have mentioned this is a single stage trigger, not that it really matters.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMAN_RI have a 2.5lb Timney in my LMT MWS. No problems.

Thanks, I'm confident it'll work! Just trying to be patient as I sent parts off for cerakote and can't finish assembly yet.

Last edited:
Back