Hogster 35 PIP

Fish Bonez

Is there a way to set the PIP default to always on. When powering down the scope from either batteries or external power it shuts it off. Thanks.

Unfortunately, no. It is the one value or setting that doesn't save.

I have asked for the PIP value to be changed in a future firmware update. Bering is usually pretty open to suggestions but it doesn't sound like there are any planned firmware updates soon on the Hogster as they have been very dependable.

For those who would like to see the PIP Setting save, you should send an email to Bering Optics asking for it. The more customers that ask for it, the more likely it could make it into an update.

sales@beringoptics.com

Originally Posted By: KirschFor those who would like to see the PIP Setting save, you should send an email to Bering Optics asking for it. The more customers that ask for it, the more likely it could make it into an update.

sales@beringoptics.com

Done. I also requested improved battery life (next gen), extended eye relief (currently 40mm or 1.5”) or a mount that will bring the optic closer to the shooter when mounted on a bolt action.

Hey guys, I emailed Bearing Optics this past week. My front cap quit snapping closed positively and I also asked for the pip change. I got a email back tonight from Borris.

His email back to me said,

“Please send your scope to the below listed address. We will replace the Lens cap and install new software with the PIP which is staying in memory after scope's shut off and some other improvements.”

It looks like they may have listened To our requests and changed a few things.
The Hogster has been amazing for me, I have no complaints at all.

I just wanted to pass on the info I received

I did get an Email from Boris at Bering Optics confirming they do have a minor firmware update that enables PIP to stay on, allows a manual or auto NUC choice, and a minor improvement to the battery meter indicator on the Hogster-R 25 and 35. This was a minor update due to customer feedback. Anyone who wants this firmware update would contact Bering Optics (sales@beringoptics.com or 1-817-453-9966) and arrange for your thermal to be sent in for the update.

It is very nice to work with a company that listens to customer/dealer feedback and implements impactful changes when feasible.

I agree Kirsch ,
I was basically looking for a new front cap and I just threw it out there that I wish the pip would stay on.

Thumbs up to Bearing optics and Borris.

Last edited:
Can you make PiP stay on in the new Pulsars? I still don't have the latest update for my XQ50, but they still haven't listened on that one.

Originally Posted By: JCCinOhioCan you make PiP stay on in the new Pulsars? I still don't have the latest update for my XQ50, but they still haven't listened on that one. I can't on my Pulsar Helion either. I am not sure on the newer Thermions or the Trail2.

Back