Got a decent lion pic :)

Nice! I have cameras out in Montana most of the year, usually only get a few lion pics out of thousands. That is a good one. I get lots though while there in a tree after the pups catch them
Lol

Originally Posted By: Jim ByersNice! I have cameras out in Montana most of the year, usually only get a few lion pics out of thousands. That is a good one. I get lots though while there in a tree after the pups catch them
Lol

Man I would love to tag along on one of those hunts just for the photo ops. I've gotten this guy on my cameras quite a bit over maybe 4 or 5 years... he works through my property every couple months probably and I get him every other time or so... but it's almost always at night, and he's almost always on the move and a bit blurry... super considerate of him to finally pose for me in great light right in front of the camera. ha. I was pretty stoked.

photohunter if you want to follow a lion hunt with dogs that tree you had better be in triathlon shape as the pace is a killer if you aren't in very good shape. I have a friend who guides lion hunts and it is crazy tough physically.

Originally Posted By: Bearphotohunter if you want to follow a lion hunt with dogs that tree you had better be in triathlon shape as the pace is a killer if you aren't in very good shape. I have a friend who guides lion hunts and it is crazy tough physically.

I'm aware of that! Sounds like a challenge. I'm president of the local mountain bike club and get my training in that way, but I hear ya on the difficulty of chasing dogs chasing a cat up a mountain in the snow
w00t.gif
I'm down though, bring it on
lol.gif

Believe it or not this was a Campark brand camera off of Amazon. Super lucky on the lighting. They are pretty high resolution though, and the cat parked itself in exactly the right spot.

Only one thing certain when you turn the dogs loose.. your going for a hike.. sometimes it's 300 yards, sometimes it's miles. My last 2 races in April were both less than 400.. the same morning.. I'm kinda fond of those. Lol.

Back