Benelli M2 vs M4

Incahoots

I have a Mossberg 835 I was going to use for Coyote but... It's about as abusive as my ex wife. Like my ex wife, I don't have to put up with it. I want something that treats me a lil better, has better curves, I enjoy holding, and catches the eye of other men. So, here we are...

Obviously, the M4 is pretty much a dedicated gun. M2 is more versatile and costs less. I do see M4s selling for more used than new. Maybe customized? Is the M4 worth the extra money over the M2 as dedicated predator setups?

Benelli makes really good stuff, don't think you could go wrong with either. I think if it's something you are going to shoot a lot, the M4 may be the better choice. I have a M2 tactical and I've never wanted for more, but I also don't lots of rounds through it on a regular basis either.

I'm guessing the M2 will likely do everything you want, but if you have a hankering for a M4 and you're ok with the extra cost, get an M4.

I don't know anything about the M2 or the M4 shotguns. If the M2 is more versatile that sounds like a better choice for shooting coyotes.

Shooting coyotes with a shotgun is much more like shooting waterfowl than it is like shooting standing turkeys in the head.

You don't need a pistol grip or a real short barrel with sights on it to kill coyotes with a shotgun.

If you have a 12 ga 3" pump or semi-auto 12 ga shotgun that you hunt birds with and you shoot it good, that is the shotgun I would hunt coyotes with.

M2 with a 24" - 26" barrel is tough to beat. If recoil really bugs you look at a Beretta gas gun. I own both but my old H&K M1S90's have never missed a beat for about the last 25 years or so. I trust my M1's more than any other firearms I own.

Sounds like the M2 might be the better option based on feedback so far.

Unfortunately, I have the Mossberg 835 which is just brutal imo recoil on the shooter. I'm not recoil shy that thing is just plain painful to shoot. Rem 870 12 gauge Wingmaster and Rem 1100 20 gauge both are 2 3/4 receiver, older models.

Check local Armslist for a slightly used gun. A buddy asked me about a SBE he was looking for. A quick search of WI Armslist had one about 1:45 away, he saved $100’s over new. It was the camo he wanted too.

Back