.243 AR-10's

I built one to use the heavy 100gr bullets for the kiddos to use at the deer lease, it wouldn't stabilize them with the 10 twist. It was fine with 90gr and below. I tried to sell it to build a faster twist 243 or a 6mm Creedmoor. I think I got 1-2 inquiries. Finally decided to find a load it liked and use a bullet that would hold up to deer and pig hunting.

Originally Posted By: DarryleI built one to use the heavy 100gr bullets for the kiddos to use at the deer lease, it wouldn't stabilize them with the 10 twist. It was fine with 90gr and below. I tried to sell it to build a faster twist 243 or a 6mm Creedmoor. I think I got 1-2 inquiries. Finally decided to find a load it liked and use a bullet that would hold up to deer and pig hunting.

Sierra 85HPBT is deadly on deer and easy to load for

Originally Posted By: ncyotecallerFunny how the Dtech WSSM's were all the craze back then (I had one in 25 wssm) and now they are pretty much reloading only and hope your brass lasts. The standard .243 will be around probably till the end of time!
243 wssm brass is readily available now and since it fits in an ar-15 platform (which is much lighter than an ar-10) it is a reasonable choice. In an ar-10 platform, 6mm creedmoor works better than the 243 within the constraints of mag length loads, especially with heavy, high BC bullets.

Back